• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apparently the Browns wanted this for Baker.

From Albert Breer's latest MMQB (link)

• More and more, it looks like the Browns are going to have to pay a very significant percentage of Baker Mayfield’s $18.858 million option for this year to get anything back for him. You can call it buying a draft pick, if you want. I think it’s more of a tax for what they did to get Deshaun Watson.

• If Cleveland’s willing to do that, I still think Seattle makes the most sense. I’ve been told neither Carolina nor Detroit have much interest in Mayfield, so the potential landing spots are dwindling.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 4

Yeah, it's weird to me that the team that gave Teddy a big contract and sung a significant trade for Darnold while immediately picking up his option supposedly has zero interest in a QB who has shown a lot more than either of those other guys.

I mean, maybe the word is out that Baker is just THAT toxic. It's definitely possible. 

• Beer 1

Is "better than Darnold" the metric we're using? Seems like an awfully low bar. Why don't we aim higher?

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, maybe the word is out that Baker is just THAT toxic. It's definitely possible. 

Agreed. At the very least he's a big baby that people just get tired of. Guy needs coddling.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

From Albert Breer's latest MMQB (link)

• More and more, it looks like the Browns are going to have to pay a very significant percentage of Baker Mayfield’s $18.858 million option for this year to get anything back for him. You can call it buying a draft pick, if you want. I think it’s more of a tax for what they did to get Deshaun Watson.

• If Cleveland’s willing to do that, I still think Seattle makes the most sense. I’ve been told neither Carolina nor Detroit have much interest in Mayfield, so the potential landing spots are dwindling.

How bad is it that the team that gave multiple picks away for Darnold doesn't even want you?

I guess there was only one team stupid enough to trade for a QB that bad in the last couple years and apparently we blew our load last year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, rayzor said:

How bad is it that the team that gave multiple picks away for Darnold doesn't even want you?

I guess there was only one team stupid enough to trade for a QB that bad in the last couple years and apparently we blew our load last year.

Panthers are not alone- Titans traded for Juilo, 2nd + fillers and waived him after one year. Goat bill traded a 2nd for Sanu in season, did nothing hurt and cut the following. Theres another Im missing that was dealt for a 2nd recently and flamed out within one year(I think its the wertz trade, which was a 1st.... and dumped next year). The bigger issue is those teams had/have late 2nds, panthers struggled and that 2nd was in the 30s compared to 50s.....like 3rd-4th in value terms difference. 

Ah. The folly of judging the personality of NFL players. You could probably go to any other team's board in 2011 and find much the same things written about Cam Newton. And the rumors persist. Even last year Rhule seemed surprised that Cam was a leader of men.

I'm not saying Baker = Cam. Not by any stretch. I love Cam. I'm just shocked at the comments about Baker's personality.