• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke / UNC game thread

Zod

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Now I'm hoping for a repeat of '17 next year. Team came up just short in the championship game the prior season and used that to fuel a championship run determined to cut down the final nets this time.

Despite bringing it home in 2017, that 'Nova game still stings. That was as tough loss as I've ever dealt with.

1 minute ago, EgoDogg said:

Despite bringing it home in 2017, that 'Nova game still stings. That was as tough loss as I've ever dealt with.

Yeah, that SUCKED. But honestly, as the time passes I remember the thrill of that Paige double pump three to tie it more than the agony of the sting of the loss.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Rocky Davis said:

I believe taking a 2 game sample of a rivalry is a bad take.  Carolina beat Duke and Coach K in the last two games, which happened to be K's last games against Carolina so congratulations. 

What doesn't change is the fact that K has 5 National Championships of his own, I believe Carolina has 3 coaches who won National Championships.  I also believe that the all time record for K vs. Carolina is 50-50.

Carolina had a great year and vastly improved over the course of it.  I think Hubert is going to be a good coach.  At the end of each season there is only one champion so congrats for the runner up finish and the wins that meant so much, but never forget:

FPjQrkGXsAAgtug.jpg

and dook fans have turned into cowboys fans, talking about all those championships they won a decade or two ago

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

I don't want to go back through this thread but I saw this on the twitter

Your boys lost, deal with it.

Duke lost....we deal with it.  The world goes on......Carolina fans act like they killed Coach K and Duke.  It's extremely funny to read that all this makes you guys so happy.  Carolina didn't get the job done, maybe some committee can be put together and give you guys an honorable mention National Championship.

• Poo 2