• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norris on Panthers 1st round plans

TheSpecialJuan

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I dont get it

What isn't there to get? Rhule is not going to hinge his season and NFL career on another season of Darnold willingly. Sam's little podcast interview only drove the point home even further about him and made him less desirable to the Panthers fanbase. If you don't want a rookie quarterback this year at all costs go ahead and prep the Jimmy G or Baker Mayfield jersey.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • The D 1

25 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Panthers are going to trade back at least once and walk away with Howell or Corral.  So it was written. 

I cant tell you all how much I am looking forward to my favorite 3 days of the year

Eagles jump to #6 to grab a stud DE. We get #15 (Corral), #51 (best OL / DL available), #101, and Mr. Mustache  - who can compete with Corral or back him up for years to come.

Edit - OOPS, their pick is # 18, we might need a little more from them to make this happen

Edited by shaqattaq
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I'll believe it when I see it because neither make any sense at all.  

They aren't Sam Darnold. I don't want em' either but I've been trying to tell you "let's roll with Sam" folks. No one in the building wants to see that again.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

So draft a LT and go into the season with Darnold? Or draft a LT and trade future pick for Howell?

Draft a LT and roll with Sam. We win a 2023 high draft pick if Sam poops the bed. We have our franchise QB if Sam plays well enough to push us way down 2023 the draft. Win-win.

If we trade the 1st round 2023 draft pick, then I will leave the forum until Rhule is fired. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, frankw said:

They aren't Sam Darnold. I don't want em' either but I've been trying to tell you "let's roll with Sam" folks. No one in the building wants to see that again.

I would bet money that Darnold is our starting qb week 1 at this point.  No rookie, no injured Jimmy and no Baker can stop this train. 

Might as well embrace it and see this puppy through.  We (rhule and co) traded valuable assets and now are paying out the ass for darnold, on top of singing his praises for a year.  Make it work rhule

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

So draft a LT and go into the season with Darnold? Or draft a LT and trade future pick for Howell?

Trade down to acquire more draft capital. Take a QB later in the 1st.

I don't think this QB class is as bad as folks are saying or that this OT class is as special as they are saying. Everything draft related seems to get hugely exaggerated.

• Pie 2

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Trade down to acquire more draft capital. Take later in the 1st.

I don't think this QB class is as bad as folks are saying or that this OT class is as special as they are saying. Everything draft related seems to get hugely exaggerated.

I am not seeing anyone paying the price for #6 this year.  There just isnt that much high end talent that could slip to us and I dont see anyone giving us fair value.

If Fitterer can trade back, pick up extra choices and stay in the top 15 I think most of us would be inclined (or at least understand the rationale )to make the deal.

I just don't think the fans and pundits (like Josh Norris) can go into this draft assuming someone is going to want trade up to #6 knowing how much they may have to give up in return. Hope for the best, but plan for the worst. If no trade partner emerges you have to be ready to take a LT or QB once you're on the clock. 

Since teams know we don't pick again until day 3, I could see some front offices refusing to make deals with us just to keep us in our current situation.

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am not seeing anyone paying the price for #6 this year.  There just isnt that much high end talent that could slip to us and I dont see anyone giving us fair value.

I disagree. On paper, the edge rushers and OTs are strong. There's also potentially two top 10 CBs and there may be a WR in there too. Those are premium positions.

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

someone will trade up for a LT or a pass rusher. 

3 LTs could have top 10 grades (Ickey, Neal, Cross)

3 DEs could have top 10 grades (Walker, Thibodeaux, Hutchinson)

So if a QB, WR, CB, or S is drafted in the top 5, there is a major stud there for a trade....Gonna happen, folks--that is why we are taking such a close look at the top 5 qbs...

Well, if you don't just take one of those top DE's or LT's.....that's just dumb.

• Flames 2