• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alexander predicts we get Garoppolo or Mayfield

Mr. Scot

My hope for this year is the following in order:

1) Draft a top LT @ 6 - stick with Darnold - draft QB next year with high draft pick

2) Trade down, draft QB with 1st rd, LT with 2nd or 3rd - see who is better QB in camp - possibly draft another QB next year

That being said I wouldn't be surprised if we go with option #1 and we sign one of those 2 guys out of desperation - but it is a waste of money IMO since I don't believe either is better than Darnold if we have a stud LT....and signing means we have 2 big QB contracts - like paying for the top 5 QB's in the league but getting half the production.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nah, serious. Everything I've heard about him says he's the perfect teammate. I just wouldn't want to pay that cap hit for a veteran hand holder.

Okay cool - yeah I definitely agree here. Ideally if we could get a rook QB, and land Jimmy G... that would be a picture perfect offseason IMO. Assuming we are able to get a LT or LB(DE) as well.  

• Pie 1

At this point, we could probably get Mayfield for peanuts. And the Browns will have to eat some of his pay. He still has some upside, I'd go with him. Garoppolo has better character, but he is topped out as a pro. He is a career backup that can win in a pinch, but he isn't a franchise guy. Couple that with him coming off a serious injury and I don't think that the risk is worth it.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Look at his playoff stats. They're Darnold level bad.

Comparing post season stats to someones regular season stats is like comparing college level stats to the NFL. JimmyG has not done well in the post season.   He is pretty good in the regular season.   Sam sucks in the regular season, and can't spell post season.  Sam might not know that there is a post season.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we could get Mayfield for that I'd rather go that route than Jimmy G. Mayfield with an ego checking could be a good QB.

The only two vets I'd consider are Mayfield (for the right price) and Minshew. Minshew would preferably be brought in as a bridge while we develop (the thought of this staff developing a rookie QB 😂😂😂) a rookie.

Mayfield is not a good QB. If we trade anything hire than a day 3 pick in draft capital for either one of them, I'm going to give up hope on the FO. A 4th is still unacceptable, really, but I'll stomach it if Darnold is gone.

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Mayfield is not a good QB. If we trade anything hire than a day 3 pick in draft capital for either one of them, I'm going to give up hope on the FO. A 4th is still unacceptable, really, but I'll stomach it if Darnold is gone.

I agree but it's because of his entitled attitude. Is that fixable? Eh... I doubt it.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree but it's because of his entitled attitude. Is that fixable? Eh... I doubt it.

I don't know, man, anyone that can throw more INTs than Sam Darnold (as well as any other QB) since 2018 has to adjust more than their suck-ass attitude.

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

With Matt Rhule still retaining final roster say, I'd say he has a good chance of being right.

If we really wanted either of these players we’d have traded for them already. Lot of talk in the off-season that ain’t got no truth to it. Calling BS on this one.

Panthers plan 1 is to draft a QB. We probably have a trade back contingency in place if one of the players we want is off the board.

as far as players on other teams go, I’ll look at Minshew with the eagles as being the most likely QB to be traded to Carolina. I’d take him over Willis every day of the week. I know there is a Willis hype train but drafting him at 6 would be a huge mistake on a second round talent at best.