• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ELLIS L. WILLIAMS Of the OBSERVER on Jimmy G

raleigh-panther

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The years he was on the roster are pretty misleading. He is a mid level QB. Their backup is obviously worse, so when the starter gets hurt (which apparently he does a lot), the team is going to be worse.  If he was such a difference maker Kyle and Lynch wouldn’t have traded 3 first round picks to move up and grab Lance so they can replace him. If he was such a difference maker there would be a bidding war like their was for Watson. So he will get traded one of the last teams standing for lower picks because he is just a mid level injury prone QB…

You are what your record says you are. 

36-18 w/ a Super Bowl game, 2 NFC Championship appearances, multiple playoff wins over Whiny Aaron, etc…

…that ain’t “mid level”…

…that’s elite👊

I think for me, at this point, I’d like to just see a competent team.  I don’t care anymore how they get there 

..meaning, a well coached team, that has a competent game plan and a competent qb to run it and make in game adjustments …a qb who does not look like deer in the headlights …a defensive coordinator that sees all the runs to the left and fixes it before 100 yards are amassed on that side alone 

tired of being everybody’s get well game 

The QB1 position has been fuged up with Rhule  he may fug  it up again, but all I know is the Panthers cannot trot Sam Darnold out there again and expect to have anything outside of opposing teams in the stadium and boos raining down on Rhule’s head 

pro football lives and dies on entertainment and hope and right now the panthers are neither entertainment or full of hope 

13 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

You are what your record says you are. 

36-18 w/ a Super Bowl game, 2 NFC Championship appearances, multiple playoff wins over Whiny Aaron, etc…

…that ain’t “mid level”…

…that’s elite👊

Since this is a team sport. Individual stats better tell how much that player contributes to the record. In that case he is anything but elite.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean what's the point? 

Exactly.  The point is to win football games.  If the QB solution is not in the draft this year, then replace Sam with someone who doesn't suck and win games.  Trade up if you have to in 2023 to get your QB next year.  Its not rocket science.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Winning 8/9 games with a qb on a 1 year deal is much much worse long term for this franchise.  I mean what's the point?  You going to resign jimmy to a multi year deal?

Right I'd rather not be $26M and another draft pick short in 2023 when we're back to square one, and picking in the mid teens in that scenario. 

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That's a bit short sighted

All or nothing, tank or SB,  is a mixed bag.  Plenty of teams have had decent seasons and still drafted a good QB the following draft or acquired one in the off season.  Rams, Chiefs, Bills, 9ers, Titans, Bucs, and Pats are all playoff teams who didn't  tank to get their QB.  Dallas got  Prescott, in the 4th round.

Its "keep pounding", not: intentionally suck so you can draft a qb.

• Beer 1