• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker not the only name on the list....

Lurk21

Joe Person claims Baker not the only name on a list of qbs, which is obvious. Reading this article on PFT, he never mentions Lamar or Kyler(regardless how anyone feels of either)  but it's clear Scott has called around the league. He stated weeks ago that he is waiting on teams to call him, which implies he has initiated  contact but waiting...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/17/report-baker-mayfield-not-the-only-guy-on-the-panthers-list/

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Lurk21 said:

I got a bad feel too but I hope Mr In On Every Deal doesn't let Rhule too far into the decision....

Tepper is probably driving this bus. He made his name in the investment world rolling the dice on incredibly risky investments and he's desperate for a QB. He's probably going to be the cause of the reckless move soon to come.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're gonna do something really reckless.

I know.  Murray is not the QB to take you to the Super Bowl, imo.  He flashes and has highlights, but at the end of the day, is he the answer?  When will he decide that he needs another big, premature deal?  A close look at NFL winning QBs over the past few decades will answer that question.   I pass on Murray, Mayfield, and Minshew--(I added Minshew because is his last name starts with an M as well).

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tepper is probably driving this bus. He made his name in the investment world rolling the dice on incredibly risky investments and he's desperate for a QB. He's probably going to be the cause of the reckless move soon to come.

Definitely can see that!! His ego won't be checked and he seems bound to do something  massive, just to have the hype! Not sure if it'll happen this year but we will see. 

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're gonna do something really reckless.

If we do, there's no hope for us. 

Not that I really give any of these reports much seriousness, but at least the book hasn't been written on Murray. He has maturity issues it seems, but his play is in a different stratosphere than Baker Mayfield's or Jimmy Garrapolo's. With some seasoning, he may turn out pretty great. 

Let's not forget that it's still the lying season at the bottom of the stairwell to the draft. I'm skeptical of these reports, but I do believe we inquire about any deal, but it only matters if there is a legitimate deal to be made. 

Fitterer isn't dumb, I don't believe. He learns, I'm thinking. He's the countermeasure to continued craziness I hope.

• Beer 2

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I understand the concern but I think it’s just business as usual, doing their due diligence. “In on every deal” you know. I wouldn’t be too worried about this.

This is definitely  the season of misdirection. I just think it's going to take time getting used to a GM that is literally  working the phones nonstop. Hard to tell which situation  has any real substance  but at least he is looking vs sitting idle. Just hope it's nothing crippling if so.... Its tough thinking with what ifs with a hot seat coach....

• Pie 1