• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer: Baker Mayfield would be redundant to Sam Darnold and the Browns are pushing more for a trade than the Panthers are

TheSpecialJuan

11 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I'd love to have seen Mayfield behind our 2021 OLine... it wouldn't have been pretty. 

As I've said before, even Rodgers and Brady would've looked like poo with the combo of the staff and OL here last season, but they still would look like NFL QBs.  Same could be hypothetically said for Mayfield.  Cam still produced TDs with it, and outside of the Dolphins game, looked really good passing the first couple of weeks.

Darnold never looked like a competent NFL QB, even before he got here, which is why he should have never been here in the first place.

Baker Mayfield would be redundant to Sam Darnold

Sam:  Cmp% 59.9      Ratg:71.9       Int:13      Qbr: 33.2
Baker Cmp% 60.5      Ratg:83.1       Int:13      QBR 35.1

Yup.  Pretty much. 

Though I'm sure Mayfield would have blown the doors off in Carolina last year with our line and the man-child OC and no running back and dropsie mcgee at WR and Ian Thomas starting at TE.

If we give ANY draft capital for Baker, I'll join the crowd demanding Fitts and Rhules head.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Who knows. 

It's much easier to play QB when you're running for 150 yards per game. 

Oh, I think we know. Darnold has never thrown for 20+ TDs in the NFL and the last time he didn't throw double digit INTs he was a redshirt freshman at USC.

Mayfield isn't very good, but Sam Darnold flat out sucks.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, jb2288 said:

A trade for Sam? I’d trade Sam for Baker straight up in a heartbeat. This is a borderline playoff team with a 1 year rental with Baker. Go get Malik or Kenny at 6 and go LT 1st round next year after letter Baker go. 

This is the year to donleft tackle. Yountake him there 

I mean, Baker isn’t the answer. I don’t want him.  It’s another pointless QB move in the grand scheme of things. 

But Baker > Darnold.  And it really isn’t close. Not that being better than Sam is anything worth bragging about. 

2 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Only because Darnold has missed games. He has the higher int %. 

Mayfield looked like total ass last year.  Is he better than Darnold?   Sure.  Is it a lot?  LOL No.

Put him on the jets or our panthers and you'd see similar numbers.  He was on a much better team last year and his stats were awfully similar to Darnold. 

We will not win anymore games with Baker under center than Sam.

Baker sucks.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Baker has thrown more INTs than anyone, including Darnold, since he's been been in the league.

That’s only because Sam has missed games though.   Sam throws picks at a higher rate with less TDs.  

Baker has almost 40 more passing TDs. 

46 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Darnold scored more tds per game than Cam. More per game and more per start.  They both sucked and it was close but numbers are numbers.

Yeah, but that is a weird comparison given what Cam was in 2021.  

He came in off the streets for the 2nd half of the season….and Rhule basically only have gave him 3 full games as QB.   I think Cam is done but if he was prepped in the O to be the dude like Sam was….he is better than Sam. 

and a broken Cam averaged more TD passes per pass attempt than Sam by pretty good margin.  

I still don’t know if Sam is actually better than PJ

2 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Pretty sure the Browns fed this information to Mary Kay Cabot on Saturday in order to get other teams to believe a trade was imminent 

The panthers do like bidding against themselves, so we might be the "other teams" .

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, jb2288 said:

A trade for Sam? I’d trade Sam for Baker straight up in a heartbeat. This is a borderline playoff team with a 1 year rental with Baker. Go get Malik or Kenny at 6 and go LT 1st round next year after letter Baker go. 

Lol borderline playoff team you're funny

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

Darnold scored more tds per game than Cam. More per game and more per start.  They both sucked and it was close but numbers are numbers.

They may be, but they also don't tell the whole story...  by the time Cam got here, even prior to the injury, Sam was struggling to score even once per game.  We also went an entire game with him not even converting a first down.  The averages are skewed from that first 3 weeks, where the offense looked functional, before the league had tape on it.  After they had the film and tendencies after that first 3 weeks, the offense was done.

• Beer 1