• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers terminating Rock Hill project agreements

Dorian Gray

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Nonsense 🤦‍♂️

only because you choose to assume everything RH says is false.  

RH said they repeatedly asked Tepper for needed info for the bonds and Tepper Sports was not providing it....then Tepper Sports was upset for RH not having the bonds. 

and Tepper Sports hasn't said that claim was false. 

then RH claims Tepper Sports said not to issue them and wanted to pursue other avenues. 

and that is just some basic stuff that has been said.  We don't know all these talks.  But it sure sounds like the newb football owner operates like a newb builder too.  

So again, I say we need more info before you absolve Tepper from being a player in helping create this shitshow.  Tepper Sports has been asked about stuff like this.  They have refused comment.   Yet somehow you know the answers.  Please feel free to share how you know what Tepper won't talk about. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

Tepper was following a well worn path, as were the politicians.

Both sides know it's not well received by the taxpayers, and neither care.  One holds a responsibility to the populace, the other does not.

Politicians have a REAL hard time saying no, and voters have no problem putting these losers into office time and again, only to further waste the taxpayer money.  I have had an issue with this for as long as it's been happening, have always said...just say no.

well, that is my issue.  And people defending some billionaire in this scenario just isn't something I am cool with.   He intentionally came into SC to work with the SC Gov., State House and local politicians to fleece taxpayers.  

Yes, voters have to hold the politicans accountable.  Ultiamtely that is what has to happens and we do a poor job of it.  But folks defending Tepper are part of the problem too.  Guys like Tepper are a problem. 

and the real "problem" with the project, is probably the fact some local politicans refused to keep bending the knee to a billionaire continuing to lean and fleece them.    I assume COVID drastically changed the numbers and Tepper wasn't going to budge.    This isn't even about the Panthers at that point.  Just an uber rich dude doing the type stuff that got him obscenely wealthy.  

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

only because you choose to assume everything RH says is false.  

RH said they repeatedly asked Tepper for needed info for the bonds and Tepper Sports was not providing it....then Tepper Sports was upset for RH not having the bonds. 

then RH claims Tepper Sports said not to issue them and wanted to pursue other avenues. 

So again, I say we need more info before you absolve Tepper from being a player in helpiong create this shitshow.  Tepper Sports has been asked about stuff like this.  They have refused comment.   Yet somehow you know the answers.  Please feel free to share how you know what Tepper won't talk about. 

Except now a York county official is saying Rock Hill has been lying. York county wants to bypass RH altogether to make the deal happen.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Except now a York county official is saying Rock Hill has been lying. York county wants to bypass RH altogether to make the deal happen.

So what makes one county officials word more credible than one city officials word?  

RH official was talking about his direct dealings with Tepper Sports.  2 sides of that convo.  RH's and Tepper Sports.    How does the county official know RH is lying?   

I would assume the accusation the RH offical made would actually be pretty easy to prove if it were true or made up.  I mean, ultimately if Tepper Sports wasn't providing the needed info there is going to be a paper trail.   Which is why I said time and more info would be needed before you people give Tepper a complete pass in this clusterfug. 

*unless there is new info I assume this was a comment made during the pause several weeks ago and isn't something new out this week. 

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

So what makes one county officials word more credible than one city officials word?  

RH official was talking about his direct dealings with Tepper Sports.  2 sides of that convo.  RH's and Tepper Sports.    How does the county official know RH is lying?   

I would assume the accusation the RH offical made would actually be pretty easy to prove if it were true or made up.  I mean, ultimately if Tepper Sports wasn't providing the needed info there is going to be a paper trail.   Which is why I said time and more info would be needed before you people give Tepper a complete pass in this clusterfug. 

*unless there is new info I assume this was a comment made during the pause several weeks ago and isn't something new out this week. 

This is new. See my post one page back from a few hours ago.

York county is a neutral 3rd party. I trust them over a RH official who is trying to cover his ass.

Read between the lines a little. When you see a county publicly cutting out and not backing one of their towns, you know something is up.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Tbe said:

This is new. See my post one page back from a few hours ago.

York county is a neutral 3rd party. I trust them over a RH official who is trying to cover his ass.

Read between the lines a little. When you see a county publicly cutting out and not backing one of their towns, you know something is up.

I wouldn't call him a neutral 3rd party.  Or York County.  I mean, they all have skin in the game. 

From the very beginining, he was one of the biggest promoters of this project.   

38 minutes ago, blackcat said:

There's direct quotes from the city manager and mayor saying as such.  

and reporters went to Tepper Sports and they refused to comment.  It's literally just the reporting of what has been said and not said. 

he calls it fake news because everything that RH says he chooses to believe is all lies.  It might be.  But there claims if true.....would be documented.  Which was the point made.  So until all the details come out you can't remove Tepper completely from this given the accusations and his refusal to address them. 

Tepper has proven he is awful outside of his lane.  And this project is also outside his lane.  He hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt that all accusations against him are false especially when he refuses to address them. 

• Pie 1