• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Practice Facility Poll.

SizzleBuzz

Project resumes or permanently abandoned?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Rock Hill facility project resume & ultimately be completed?

On 4/20/2022 at 10:52 AM, TheCasillas said:

good write up. Sounds like the Panthers did do their homework with this out they have in the deal. The pressure isnt on the panthers anymore, its on RH. They can easily build the facility on the other side of Moorehead, where they acquired the property late last year. 

*This*

If you've seen what the Cowboys have done in Frisco, TX and the Vikings with what they've done in Eagan, MN, they both include lots of retail. Restaurants, bars, shopping and Hall of Fames are included. This could have easily blended with Tepper's entertainment district that he wants included with the new stadium. 

On 4/20/2022 at 10:52 AM, TheCasillas said:

They can easily build the facility on the other side of Moorehead, where they acquired the property late last year. 

If you are referencing what I think you are that's only 4 acres and completely isolated from the stadium and current practice facilities...

...don't think that will work. 

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

If you are referencing what I think you are that's only 4 acres and completely isolated from the stadium and current practice facilities...

...don't think that will work. 

thats not what i am speaking to. Its the old pipe and foundry land. It's rumored to be where the new stadium will go.

here is the link

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/david-tepper-buys-prime-land-near-bank-america-stadium/7WSWQBDXDBD2FHVZPGN2MY7D4I/

40 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

thats not what i am speaking to. Its the old pipe and foundry land. It's rumored to be where the new stadium will go.

here is the link

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/david-tepper-buys-prime-land-near-bank-america-stadium/7WSWQBDXDBD2FHVZPGN2MY7D4I/

Tepper hasn't bought any CP&F land.

He controls what you see outlined in yellow and he only "owns" the small tract farthest from the stadium...it's about 4-acres.

The land outlined in blue is CP&F land, about 30-acres...the rest of the CP&F is across the highway.

If Tepper could take control of everything you see highlighted in red he'd have a legit stadium site 👊.

9069D2E7-6C57-4420-A0D6-DA80CA41097E.jpeg

11 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Tepper hasn't bought any CP&F land.

He controls what you see outlined in yellow and he only "owns" the small tract farthest from the stadium...it's about 4-acres.

The land outlined in blue is CP&F land, about 30-acres...the rest of the CP&F is across the highway.

If Tepper could take control of everything you see highlighted in red he'd have a legit stadium site 👊.

9069D2E7-6C57-4420-A0D6-DA80CA41097E.jpeg

Thanks for the additional info, as of this moment its 4 acres, but the city agreeed to rezone it... the city would LOVE for Tepper to acquire the land and move the stadium further out from center. It would allow them to expand the skyline and use all of the existing space for commercial. The goal for the city by 2030 is to fill in the inner beltline as the new uptown. 

Tepper and the Panthers would be a piece to the puzzle.

18 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

the city agreeed to rezone it

Helpful to give CP&F more development options and a better  valuation, 100% irrelevant to what ultimately happens with/on the property.  

24 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

...the city would LOVE for Tepper to acquire the land and move the stadium further out...

Doesn't matter what "the city" wants...

...and, that's nowhere near enough land for a proper stadium 👍.