• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brady Christensen...??????

Jmac

9 hours ago, WOW!! said:

I agree but even if he played enough.. He still might not be a LT as good as Neal, Ike, or Cross.. He still was a 3rd rounder while thess guys are top 10 worthy..

They were not wrong on this one. He will make a really good OG if we have a good LT beside him. 

12 hours ago, Jmac said:

Pisses me off that Rhule didn't play the kid and now they have no idea what they got. Two days from the draft and they don't know if he can do the job or not. One pick to decide if they can afford to take a premier LT prospect and not gamble on the QB. 

Total lack of coaching foresight and planning. Don't understand the logic behind not playing him. Explain it to me because I don't get it.

I agree but passing on any of those 3 LTs because of brady is dumb he's good depth LT or a decent LG

Brady has good feet and is agile. He just has trouble anchoring against more powerful rushers. Camden said in his PC that he thought Brady had the potential to play all 5 spots (hence my earlier response). I don't think that means he can play them all well though. If they draft a LT early Brady will most likely transition to G or C. Cam Erving will probably be our backup swing tackle (if he does not start).

7 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

He's not a guard. He gets manhandled with power in the interior space. He's a tackle and should be kept as a swing tackle. 

9 minutes ago, Michael G said:

If they draft a LT early Brady will most likely transition to G or C.

So I guess Brady could be a backup Swing Tackle and Erving could be a Backup (or starting?) Guard.

1 hour ago, Michael G said:

So I guess Brady could be a backup Swing Tackle and Erving could be a Backup (or starting?) Guard.

Really depends on where we go at 6. If we go LT, I see BC moving inside and Irving being the swing for this year only. Next year, BC will be the swing and Irving will be gone. 

If we go another route, BC and Irving will battle it out for LT and the other one will be backup, and we draft a guard or let Brown start at RG and see how it shakes out. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Michael G said:

It would not surprise me if they move the kid to C this year and let him get reps there and learn the position. He seem smart enough and agile enough to be a good player there. I worry he's too light in the A$$ to play Guard.

this is my thought as well. I think he can be an above average center

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rebelrouser said:

So basically a complete waste of a pick.  We spent a third round pick on a guy that will never start for us.  What happened to the guard from Bama? Let me guess; he is still a fat slob.

i dont think thats a fair take. after the first and top half of second you aren't really expecting to draft impact starters. If BC ends up being a cheap 5 year plug and play OL that can step in and be average for 2-3 games a year for injuries and then backup as needed, that's a great 3rd round pick. 

11 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

So basically a complete waste of a pick.  We spent a third round pick on a guy that will never start for us.  What happened to the guard from Bama? Let me guess; he is still a fat slob.

We don't know what he is thanks to Rhule. He should have been starting a couple weeks in. He looked better than Irving in preseason and he should have been given the reps. He wasn't. Then they tried to have him play 4 positions, not an easy task for anyone, let alone a rookie. 

His natural position is tackle. He may be able to learn to play guard or center but it's a different skill set as far as how to deal with rushers. We didn't really develop anyone last year. Campen is good. Give him a little time to work with the guy.