• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saturday Draft Thread

Zod

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Is he OK? He's not taking this very well I'm sure. 

It will never happen but I wish some folks would simply say "damn I was wrong as hell about x player"

I know for me I posted a few times that if the Panthers were hell bent on drafting a rookie qb I would go tackle at 6, trade cmac for a first and pick howell.  Holy fug that would have been a disaster.  NFL scouts obviously see some major major issues with Howell and these guys

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, davos said:

They just got zapped!

Honestly, after the Senior Bowl, people were panning Zappe's arm strength but he must have shown enough of the rest to be drafted over the two guys with the big arms.  Definitely shows the disparity between consensus mocks & rankings of the scouting depts vs. online/publications

It's why you should ignore mock drafts. Each team has its own scouts and set the board by the way they see the draft benefitting their team. 

You could put them all together and you couldn't find any of them agreeing on the number one over all much less specific positions. 

Edited by Jon Snow

Just now, Jon Snow said:

It's why you should ignore mock drafts. Each team has its own scouts and set the board by the wat they see the draft benefitting their team. 

You could put them all together and you couldn't find any of them agreeing on the number one over all much less specific positions. 

It’s not just mock drafts. Zappe doesn’t have an nfl arm. Howell does. Jokes aside it’s just shocking. 

Lesson learned. Stop believing the media, mocks and online big boards. Form opinions based on your own research and rephrase what you say about them to “this is who I would like us to draft”. Outside of the verge everything else most of you guys say is pure horse poo. Be happy when a guy you liked tape on is drafted and if you don’t know anything about someone that was drafted research and wait for camp before you start putting the ass in assume. 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

It's why you should ignore mock drafts. Each team has its own scouts and set the board by the way they see the draft benefitting their team. 

I enjoy them, it's just people trying to guess the draft correctly at the end of the day.  Fans shouldn't take them as draft guides for building their perception of who should go when.  

Just now, TheoJay10 said:

Lesson learned. Stop believing the media, mocks and online big boards. Form opinions based on your own research and rephrase what you say about them to “this is who I would like us to draft”. Outside of the verge everything else most of you guys say is pure horse poo. Be happy when a guy you liked tape on is drafted and if you don’t know anything about someone that was drafted research and wait for camp before you start putting the ass in assume. 

Verge said numerous times that Willis wouldnt make it out of the top 10

• Pie 1