• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A quote I'm happy to hear

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

The approach.  The approach transcend coaching changes. 

I’ll give you the approach I agree with, but you 100% need coaches and schemes to develop players.  “The approach transcends coaching changes” is some hippie bs jargon I’m out for.   These players won’t be who we want them to be if we don’t have the right coaches in place

1 minute ago, PantherNation123 said:

I’ll give you the approach I agree with, but you 100% need coaches and schemes to develop players.  “The approach transcends coaching changes” is some hippie bs jargon I’m out for.   These players won’t be who we want them to be if we don’t have the right coaches in place

I guess we will get to see if it will work or not in the coming seasons. Because barring a complete collapse Rhule's not going anywhere for a few more seasons. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I guess we will get to see if it will work or not in the coming seasons. Because barring a complete collapse Rhule's not going anywhere for a few more seasons. 

Yep, agreed.  We have some foundation pieces out there that could win a few games with 1st graders drawing plays. Question is what type of WAR (to steal a baseball term) Rhule gives you.  Right now it seems well below negative, and the worry is that he will slow these kids development.  But agreed… we’ll see

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

And also that’s sad as fug to say that Rhule won’t go anywhere. This dude does not belong even as an NFL position coach.  Truly embarrassing having him as our coach IMO

1 minute ago, PantherNation123 said:

And also that’s sad as fug to say that Rhule won’t go anywhere. This dude does not belong even as an NFL position coach.  Truly embarrassing having him as our coach IMO

I've come to accept it. Now I'm just going to watch it all play out.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Seattle had a pretty long run up to this point.

As for us, we've only had two drafts under Fitterer so any truly accurate draft grades are still a few years away.

Actually their run of draft success was relatively small. They have done a pretty poor overall job the past few years.

For all of you gloom and doomers:

• Last year, we did not know what Darnold would be.
  • This year, we have developed support around him to make him better--and added a potential franchise QB.

• Last year, our best offensive player (CMC) and what could be our best defensive player (Horn) were injured. 
  • This year, they should be healthy.

• Last year, our offensive line was a clown show. 
  • This year, we have added an elite LT, added a veteran C and a veteran G.

This year we have upgrades at S, LB, OL, and RB.

2022 will be about the QB play.  If we can improve there, we have a decent chance.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

We hope. I am starting to come to grips with the reality that Tepper really is far dumber than we think and does buy into what Rhule is selling him.

He might indeed be here for the long term, regardless of results.

He was aligned with the Steelers through Noll, Cowher, and Tomlin--all covered about a half century.  He sees stability in the coach, and I do not think he will impulsively fire a coach (in his mind).  He has already demonstrated a willingness to overlook Rhule's nonsense after giving him so much power.  "My wife liked Chubba when OKSt played Baylor...so I drafted him."  "Hey there Mr. Long Snapper--you've been drafted by the Panthers..."  that, along with his coaching hires, 20% of the roster being occupied by Baylor and Temple players, etc. was not enough to signal to Tepper than he may have made a mistake. 

It seems Rhule is under wraps now--but I really do not know what his area of expertise is--he is not a proven leader, he is not a personnel expert, and he is not a game manager. 

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Actually their run of draft success was relatively small. They have done a pretty poor overall job the past few years.

Their best draft success came when they had Scot McCloughan, aka the guy who drank himself out of a GM job in Washington.

• Beer 1