• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nick Foles

Cdparr7

6 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

Foles’ teammates seem to love the guy (except Wentz) but he’s only been good with Philly.  People often forget about that wacky 27 TD 2 INT season with Chip Kelly in 2013.  Something about Philly is magic for Nicholas Foles.  If he was mentoring Corral, sure.  But I don’t want him playing 

I said at the time Philly kept the wrong QB. Got roasted.....Just the magic they had and the guy wins you the superbowl.....Wertz got all sort of reports of hating his teammates.....players LOVED NICK. Could have traded a kings haul for Wertz at that time and kept the magic going. 

Now Wertz has been on three teams within 2 years and value has crashed down to a 3rd round. Nick was just a bad fit with the bears. 

1 minute ago, Pakmeng said:

Foles has done nothing since then either. That's not a dig at him just the truth. Foles would be a good vet backup 

Nah he hasnt, he needs the right fit. Hes battle depression and almost, in fact I think he did retire and came back. I do think he would be a good fit in mccadoos system. But panthers could be happy with the current group. Hes had a Kurt Warner like career, one of the more crazy ones. 

13 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

I think our best bet for Corral’s development and potentially leadership for the locker room would be to sign Foles.

Foles had a similar skill set as Corral and while his career has been up and down there have been more highs than lows. 

Foles is a better day 1 starter than Darnold. Corral likely won’t be ready by week 1 or even week 10. I really don’t think throwing him out there like Fewell did Grier his rookie year is going improve his development or build confidence. 

I think letting Foles compete (Almost certain he will win) with Darnold and placing Darnold as the back up is the best option for Corral’s future.

You also shouldn’t have to worry about giving up resources like you would for Jimmy or Baker.

Thoughts?

Nah fam 

The area where Foles could be best for Corral is in the locker room helping him learning how to deal with the highs and lows of being the QB. He was a SB MVP and now he's been cut just a couple of years later. That's not something that coaches can really share. That knowledge and how to handle those ups and downs in a locker room could be invaluable to a young QBs development. 

• Flames 1

I'm baffled by this obsession with getting a veteran qb to mentor Corral. That's what the coaches are for. Did Herbert rise to stardom because of the incredible tutelage of Tyrod Taylor? Who's responsible for the rise of Josh Allen? Nathan Peterman or Matt Barkley? Or hell, was Cam Newton getting tips on how to be a dominant dual threat qb with a cannon arm from the similarly talented Derek Anderson?

QBs are expensive especially if you are signing one to compete for a starting job. There's no evidence that they make enough of a difference to warrant that commitment. That money is better reserved towards signing the best playmakers and solidifying the line around Corral for the foreseeable future. That's how you give him the best chance of success. Oh and making sure he has a competent OC and QB coach. 

• Beer 1

On 5/3/2022 at 9:38 AM, Michael G said:

Darnold's contract makes it unlikely he is cut unless Macadoo deems him completely useless (which i know many of us would). He will probably start the season as QB#1. Corral will most likely get the chance to sit and watch and maybe learn "What not to do?"

With Sam Delusional, there is no "maybe".

Every f*ck-up from him, Matt's going to take notes "okay...'do not suck'.  Got it."

• Pie 1

Nick Foles is a successful and proven QB. The issue is QBs like Nick Foles, Joe Montana, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Tom Brady are not QBs anyone wants until they have at least 3 rings on their fingers. The flash and cash crew would rather have an exciting QB that can't produce game winning drives when the defense, playmakers, and coaching fail to do their job.