• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if..? Phil Snow becomes interim and takes us to the playoffs?

1 hour ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Yeah, he walked on as a player at Penn State and turned around two college programs without knowing what a football looked like. Jesus.

Not every head coach is a good X's and O's guy. I think it's pretty clear Rhule is definitely not an adept scheme guy. More of a motivational speaker/CEO type.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I bet if Rhule is fired and Snow goes with him Wilks will be the new DC. Snow even said that he and Wilkes think alike. I think Wilkes was chosen so he can be our next DC if Snow leaves or retires. Snow isn't exactly a spring chicken.

It is interesting they tapped into two flameout NFL HC's in this round of hiring.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

If Rhule goes, anybody that came with him from Baylor/Temple needs to go with him.

I would presume that if Rhule goes everyone goes save possibly Fitterer and that's not a given. 

I suppose I could conceivably see a scenario where someone would take over at some point in season. That would certainly make it uncomfortable for Rhule's guys if that were to happen.

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I would presume that if Rhule goes everyone goes save possibly Fitterer and that's not a given. 

I suppose I could conceivably see a scenario where someone would take over at some point in season. That would certainly make it uncomfortable for Rhule's guys if that were to happen.

Based on what we've seen and heard this offseason, I don't think Fitterer's fate is tied to Rhule at all.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

It is interesting they tapped into two flameout NFL HC's in this round of hiring.

Lots of coaches have had success one place and flamed out elsewhere when they changed jobs and added responsibility. Wilks did a decent job for us and likely learned from his time in Arizona.  We dont want him for head coach right now, he is our secondary coordinator and will add much needed experience at making adjustments and mixing coverages to help Snow manage the backside on game day.  And McAdoo's value  is based on his system and his playcalling. I haven't heard many critics suggest he didn't know how to run an offense or get the most out of his quarterback. 

Just now, panthers55 said:

Lots of coaches have had success one place and flamed out elsewhere when they changed jobs and added responsibility. Wilks did a decent job for us and likely learned from his time in Arizona.  We dont want him for head coach right now, he is our secondary coordinator and will add much needed experience at making adjustments and mixing coverages to help Snow manage the backside on game day.  And McAdoo's value  is based on his system and his playcalling. I haven't heard many critics suggest he didn't know how to run an offense or get the most out of his quarterback. 

Yeah, those are two guys that not many seemed to want even after they had success as AC's or coordinators. I kind of get it with McAdoo because of how badly he performed as a HC but I always sort of felt like Wilks got a raw deal.

Either way, glad to have actual NFL experienced coaches on the staff for a change. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Based on what we've seen and heard this offseason, I don't think Fitterer's fate is tied to Rhule at all.

Yeah, Tepper and Nicole clearly stay plugged in with Panthers twitter for better or for worst and they have made it known they are aware of the support and love the fanbase gives to Fitterer, memes and all.

8 hours ago, panthers55 said:

I bet if Rhule is fired and Snow goes with him Wilks will be the new DC. Snow even said that he and Wilkes think alike. I think Wilkes was chosen so he can be our next DC if Snow leaves or retires. Snow isn't exactly a spring chicken.

Ding ding ding. 

Doubt Rhule wanted to hire former HCs to begin with when his seat is hot and he's rumored to have one foot out of the door anyway by his own choosing. They were probably part of a list of names given to him and he was told to hire "qualified" candidates who could replace not only him, but Snow as well. McAdoo and Wilks are the HC/DC candidates in waiting to finish out the season when Rhule inevitably gets shitcanned and Snow follows him back to college. 

Wilks could be named HC tomorrow and probably have more respect in the locker room than Rhule does. McAdoo is at least a name. I'm sure Snow, and even Rhule in some capacities are well-liked...but doesn't mean they have the respect of the players as NFL coaches.