• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Chicago Wolves

6 hours ago, DavidEng said:

Koochie and all the other players with Canes contracts sent the Wolves affiliate still belong to the Canes is my understanding. The question is who a new affiliate for the Canes might be. Living near Charlotte I would love to see the Canes affiliate AHL come back to the Charlotte Checkers, not sure contract wise if that’s possible though.

Correct, the players are under contract to the Canes, not the franchise.

So, the Checkers are a Florida Panthers affiliate and have been so since 2020-2021 season. All I can find is a multi-year deal is in place and I have no idea about the terms of that affiliate contract.

The Canes, at one point several years ago, shared an affiliate contract with an AHL or ECHL team, can't remember which one it was. That's not out of the question, either.

• Pie 3

Dundon just needs to nut up and buy the Checkers! Kick the Panthers and the Krakens asses out of Bojangles Collesium and finally build out a regional fanbase.

I live in the CLT area and it is insane how many people I meet that regularly go to Checkers games but are not Canes fans. The hockey fanbase is here, the Hurricanes just need to capitalize on it.

• Beer 1

56 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Dundon just needs to nut up and buy the Checkers! Kick the Panthers and the Krakens asses out of Bojangles Collesium and finally build out a regional fanbase.

I live in the CLT area and it is insane how many people I meet that regularly go to Checkers games but are not Canes fans. The hockey fanbase is here, the Hurricanes just need to capitalize on it.

Cheaper tickets, less of a drive for an AHL game. Greensboro might be a little too close for comfort. Charlotte would be perfect.

• Pie 2

On 4/6/2023 at 7:31 PM, Harbingers said:

Cheaper tickets, less of a drive for an AHL game. Greensboro might be a little too close for comfort. Charlotte would be perfect.

Live in the Charlotte area and I haven’t been to a Checkers game since the affiliation change.  Would love to have the Canes back here. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, TheCandyMan said:

Live in the Charlotte area and I haven’t been to a Checkers game since the affiliation change.  Would love to have the Canes back here. 

Same here! 

Checkers have already made the playoffs too.

Edited by DavidEng

31 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Wolves were down 4-2 with less than 10 minutes to go in the third but they come back to win 5-4 in OT.

Just need a loss from either Iowa or Rockford and the Wolves will be headed to the playoffs.

Rockford up 3-0, Iowa tied 1-1. Both games midway through the 2nd.