• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We've made it to the bottom

Mr. Scot

53 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Because of Rhule, the huddle no longer believes in measurables, but now totally buys into power rankings. lol 

Don't give a rats ass about power rankings, but I find this amusing.

And let's be real. After last year, we're in no position to complain about people doubting us.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, shaq said:

This is exactly why espn is dumb, I would be shocked if we finished as the worst team in the league. 

I don't know if we'll be the worst, but there's a very realistic chance we're going to be pretty bad.

Biggest reason? Our head coach was thoroughly outcoached by five guys who were bad enough to get fired last year.

Even with an improved roster and potentially better assistants, that's a huge question mark.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, shaq said:

This is exactly why espn is dumb, I would be shocked if we finished as the worst team in the league. 

I mean, it took the ball bouncing our way to help us squeak out those 5 wins last year. 

We caught both the Jets and Texans with rookies making their debut starts.   

Saints were displaced by a hurricane, injured and didn't have most of their coaching staff.    

Cardinals we got to face their backup QB and had the injection of Cam into the universe mojo. 

The Falcons had their #1 WR walk away the morning of the game (which shreds their game plan) 

Hard to project any team will finish last as generally in season events will help sort that out.  But I think another top 10 pick is clearly in our future. 

I take the opinion of this so called power panel -- a group of more than 80 writers, editors and TV personalities  that evaluated how they think teams will stack up throughout the season very,very lightly.

In my opinion the Carolina Panthers should not be rated any lower than 26 out of the 32 NFL team.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I wouldn’t. If we have real injury issues we could easily be the worst team. We were lucky to start last year with the 3 teams we did. We finished 2-12 with a win agains the hapless Falcons and Arizona, who’s number we have lately.

Burns going down would be big.  CMC not staying healthy wouldn't be a shock.   Then what are we? We are Sam Darnold and a team that can't stop the run or rush the passer. 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, it took the ball bouncing our way to help us squeak out those 5 wins last year. 

We caught both the Jets and Texans with rookies making their debut starts.   

Saints were displaced by a hurricane, injured and didn't have most of their coaching staff.    

Cardinals we got to face their backup QB and had the injection of Cam into the universe mojo. 

The Falcons had their #1 WR walk away the morning of the game (which shreds their game plan) 

Hard to project any team will finish last as generally in season events will help sort that out.  But I think another top 10 pick is clearly in our future. 

You seem pretty confident we should have lost all of our games last year. 

How confident are you this year? 

Edited by poundaway
  • Beer 1

Dead last seems pretty harsh but not completely out of the question. 

Atlanta splits with us when they are awful and the last we played Drew Lock, he looked like Manning.

I can’t confidently say we’d beat a Doug Pederson Jaguars team or a texans team that made improvements.

id say the bears, Falcons, panthers, Jets and Giants all could make a strong case for being the worst  

Edited by bigdog10

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

You seem pretty confident we should have lost all of our games last year. 

How confident are you this year? 

I said it took the ball bouncing our way to get to those 5.  Which it did.  

and I told you in the post you quoted, I expected us to have a top 10 pick again when this season ends.  Schedule projects much harder.  So even a slightly improved Panther team might not show in the W/L column. 

How many teams do I think a Rhule/Sam duo can beat? Very few.  Would need the ball to bounce our way a lot. 

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Burns going down would be big.  CMC not staying healthy wouldn't be a shock.   Then what are we? We are Sam Darnold and a team that can't stop the run or rush the passer. 

I'm not convinced Burns is going to have a great season this year.

Teams know they can run on him now, and without a guy like Reddick taking attention away from him, he might not be as effective as a pass rusher either.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1