• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben McAdoo Presser

Mr. Scot

26 minutes ago, poundaway said:

lol that looks like  a lone bored sportswriter having to make up something for people to click on in the slow month of April. And I’m sure it worked.   Given how he is perceived up that way. 

there is no regret there lol.  Well, the media might of enjoyed what a shitshow it got at the end there.  It was wild.  Which is good for their line of work. 

I can see we are now done here.  If you now are going to troll me with the NY wishes they kept Ben McAdoo angle lol.  

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

lol that looks like  a lone bored sportswriter having to make up something for people to click on.   And I’m sure it worked.   Given how he is perceived up that way. 

there is no regret there lol.  Well, the media might of enjoyed what shitshow it got at the end their.  It was wild.  Which is good for their line of work. 

I can see we are now done here.  If you now are going to troll me with the NY wishes they kept Ben McAdoo angle lol.  

He's the only coach to take them to the playoffs in a 10 year period.  Yet you seem to think that all of the other circumstances around him made him successful.   Whatever.

Mcadoo pushed for Allen and Mahomes.

Brady pushed for Bridgewater and Darnold.

Edited by poundaway
  • Beer 1

Just now, poundaway said:

He's the only coach to take them to the playoffs in a 10 year period.  Yet you seem to think that all of the other circumstances around him made successful.   Whatever.

Mcadoo pushed for Allen and Mahomes.

Brady pushed for Bridgewater and Darnold.

Again, you fail to acknowledge the playoff season was what got McAdoo essentially fired.  They just waited a couple games into the next season to pull the trigger.  That’s a weird fixation for you to keep championing. 

and here is Mr Facts pinning the Sam Darnold signing on…..Joe Brady? lol.   Your favorite coach Matt Rhule already detailed how Sam Darnold got here.    

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm willing to give McAdoo a shot. We'll see what he can do.

My expectations? We're all talking draft again by Halloween. So, basically status quo Tepper Panthers.

He was probably the best realistic option at the time.  And Rhule might of done better if he went that route from day 1.  Maybe McAdoo could of talked Snow and Rhule out of Sam.

Sam Darnold is the singular pinpoint move that will have killed Matt Rhule’s career in Carolina when the story is done IMO.   

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

He was probably the best realistic option at the time.  And Rhule might of done better if he went that route from day 1.  Maybe McAdoo could of talked Snow and Rhule out of Sam.

Sam Darnold is the singular pinpoint move that will have killed Matt Rhule’s career in Carolina when the story is done IMO.   

Joe Brady was the 'singular pinpoint move' that could have killed his career. 

He survived that - so I suspect he's here for a while longer now. 

18 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Joe Brady was the 'singular pinpoint move' that could have killed his career. 

He survived that - so I suspect he's here for a while longer now. 

the 2020 Panthers overachieved.   They didn’t have Sam Darnold.  Rhule wasn’t hated yet.  Joe Brady was getting frankly too much buzz.    People here and outside generally impressed we were so competitive.   Career highs for a lot of folks. 

Then enter Sam Darnold.  Then they picked up the 5th year.  Which is what really made it the killer move. 

Rhule becomes the biggest clown not named Urban among NFL HCs.   His image goes down the toilet starting with Sam’s camp that just got weird. 

Joe Brady experiment ends with a quickness and is fired.  

and the 5th year looks to of locked them in to a year 3 of Sam.  Ben McAdoo can’t overcome Sam Darnold.  

so yeah, Sam Darnold would be the pinpoint even if you hated the Brady signing.   Assuming Matt Corral can’t enter midseason and save everyone….which is a tall assumption for a rookie 3rd rounder.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Call it "the Tepper Effect". Three straight five win seasons kills the optimism of all but the most delusionally optimistic

Not sure about any high hopes. 

Just knows coming to the huddle and reading the same old hate filled poo is worse than anything Tepper, or Rhule has ever done. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

If you're going to be a Matt Rhule apologist it would help if you had even one winning season to support your stance. Making excuses for losing isn't any better than complaining about it. Let people talk the criticism has been earned if you don't like it don't read about it. He can shut everyone up by the end of the year.

• Beer 1