• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Phil Snow on Marquis Haynes

ncfan

Just now, poundaway said:

Guess we'll see.  We haven't made any major upgrades on D and we lost arguably one of if not the best player in Reddick.  Stephan for Horn should cancel to some extent.

Using your logic our D should be bottom 3rd in points again. 

We will. I never said it was a terrible D just not top 10 like some stand by. It doesn't hold up. My criticism was the run game side and if Snow would adapt it or force it like I fear. That's it. 

IDK, the O was so bad but the D had it's issues. We also had a much easier schedule last year and our QB situation is not solved by any means. I would be thrilled to see the D vastly improve I just am skeptical on Snows scheme from last year which would look great in school and average in the NFL...just my opinion. Huge fan of where the DBs should play under Wilks and Chinn at SS this year. 

• Beer 2

50 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Guess we'll see.  We haven't made any major upgrades on D and we lost arguably one of if not the best player in Reddick.  Stephan for Horn should cancel to some extent.

Using your logic our D should be bottom 3rd in points again. 

Woods will help a lot IMO.  He lets Chinn become more of a box SS when needed which is like upgrading two positions for one player.  I think Littleton and Wilson are both upgrades at the LB spot as well which will help our run defense.  Reddick was a great pass rusher, but having him and Burns on the field at once really hurt our run defense.  Hopefully YGM starts opposite of Burns and helps our run defense.  Ioaninidis could he a solid pick up at the DT sport as well, because Jones was a disappointment last year.  I see FS Woods, MLB Wilson, SLB Littleton, RDT Ioanidis, RDE YGM as 5 new starters (yes YGM played last year, but was limited behind Reddick and with injuries) and Chinn getting to play his more natural position. If you include Horn we have nearly as many new starters and repeat from last year.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, shaq said:

Haynes is ready to be in a real rotation next year. He is a solid pass rusher, and he’s already proven that. Great to have guys like Haynes in backup roles.

In spot duty, his impact is felt for sure. When he was coming out of college and I learned he broke the Ole Miss sack record (which was held by Greg Hardy iirc) I knew eventhough he was a bit undersized he would make his presence known here. 

He just needs more playing time. Going to need him to develop his run defense but I was happy to hear he resigned. 

Luvu and Haynes should make a nice rotation. Both have a non stop motor. 

Bonus: Neither of the above have peaked. 

Luvu though..... Wouldnt suprise me at all if he was top 15 in impact on limited snaps from what I saw last year. He was literally everywhere.