• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please, David Tepper, can you stop making Charlotte cringe?

Ja  Rhule

2 hours ago, davos said:

He's not one of the mega-wealthy outlandish bozos or anything but he's just made a lot of ill-timed, ill-fated, or just poor decisions and it's wearing thin on the city and fans.  

I don't think he needed an entire search committee but bringing in an NFL-experienced exec on contract for demoing and building the team he was prepared to dismantle post-Ron would have been ideal.  A strategic blow-up is just as important as the build, and I feel he's just moving forward with the biggest splash possible.  Rhule as the hot college name, Stafford as the big trade candidate, same with Deshaun.  Anc I'm sure it's why he liked Scott's "In on every deal" approach because of his big splash wishes.

Not too late to right the ship, I think Morgan and Scott seem capable and would be able to find a HC that could work for their vision.  That may be the next step in what seems to be a winging-it build.  Even if it was a yes man, having some sort of extra NFL guru at an exec level would be beneficial for him navigating his decision making from a high-level perspective.

I do think the roster build has calmed down and is on a good trajectory but it's after we had to make poor decisions at HC who basically ran it all himself for 1.5 years.  

Just get a good team together and save the swooping changes until we are.  Minus maybe a uniform modernization.

I think we are teetering on the edge of two cliffs with the roster. On the one side is that these drafts don't pan out and the roster is much worse than expected. On the other side is that these drafts do pan out and we have a good, solid young core to build around for the next 4-10 years. 

We just gotta see which way it tilts. 

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I think we are teetering on the edge of two cliffs with the roster. On the one side is that these drafts don't pan out and the roster is much worse than expected. On the other side is that these drafts do pan out and we have a good, solid young core to build around for the next 4-10 years. 

We just gotta see which way it tilts. 

Evaluation of our rookies is paramount when you're a "young" roster. Especially at LT and QB two premium positions.

Just now, rippadonn said:

Evaluation of our rookies is paramount when you're a "young" roster. Especially at LT and QB two premium positions.

Even more paramount when you can't attract top free agents. Whiffing on draft picks just compounds the problem more every season.

• Beer 1

21 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've never understood the notion that people should just sit down, shut up and accept bad football.

And make no mistake, the football product that's been put on the field under David Tepper has been pretty bad.

That’s what happens with fair weather fan bases. They don’t care when things are bad and provide an electric atmosphere only when things are good. This is a fair weather fan base. Not saying the people on this board are fair weather, but this fan base as a whole is 100% fair weather.

this has been going on for 25+ years. Jerry Richardson was a god awful human being and an even worse owner. He got a pass because he was from NC and and brought a team to Charlotte. No one held him accountable until casual fridays came out. 

the media here is a joke. The Charlotte observer has become trash. Couldn’t even tell you who the main persob covering the team these days are. Laughable you have to pay to read that garbage online.

wfnz is brutal. You have 2 goofball homers on in the morning who don’t know a thing about sports. You have a Cleveland guy on In the mid day with an awful show. And then you have Kyle Bailey who is more worried about maintaining relationships with Roman Harper, Steve smith, Marty Hurney, and Mitch kupchak then actually doing his job. It’s where sports figures in Charlotte go when times are tough for a soft landing spot. Marty Hurney use to go on Kyle’s show and it was cringeworthy how easy the questions were. 

then you have joe person and David Newton who might just be the 2 worst people in sports at covering their local teams. 

these are the people who should be holding Tepper accountable. The fans should be the ones holding these media members accountable to do their jobs. That doesn’t happen in Charlotte. This happens in cities where the fan bases aren’t fair weathered. The media doesn’t get away with this garbage in NYC or Boston. 

i remember a few years back I went back and looked and I think it was something like 28 out of 32 nfl teams had either their coach or qb (or both) doing weekly spots during the football season on their local sports talk radio station. Of course that doesn’t happen in Carolina and the fans just accept it. 

david Tepper isn’t dumb. Jerry Richardson wasn’t dumb. They know what this market is. They know they can do whatever they want and neither the fan base nor local media will ever hold them accountable. All Tepper has to do is continue to run a “funny” and “creative” social media account and that’ll distract over half of the fan from noticing how big of a dumpster fire this franchise truly is.

“Hey did you hear? The Panthers unceremoniously cut the most important player in franchise history who had 1 year left on his contract to guarantee big money to Teddy Bridgewater. They then traded Teddy bridgewater to the broncos and took on a $17M dead cap hit. They also traded multiple assets for an underachieving QB and guaranteed him $19M the following season before ever playing 1 snap with the team. That worked out so well they then brought back the QB they unceremoniously cut and paid him $10M with Darnold still on the team and Teddy’s dead money on the books. Can you believe that roster and asset management ?”

”Who cares!!! Bill Voth puts together the best schedule release videos on twitter every year.”

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, NJPanthers12 said:

That’s what happens with fair weather fan bases. They don’t care when things are bad and provide an electric atmosphere only when things are good. This is a fair weather fan base. Not saying the people on this board are fair weather, but this fan base as a whole is 100% fair weather.

this has been going on for 25+ years. Jerry Richardson was a god awful human being and an even worse owner. He got a pass because he was from NC and and brought a team to Charlotte. No one held him accountable until casual fridays came out. 

the media here is a joke. The Charlotte observer has become trash. Couldn’t even tell you who the main persob covering the team these days are. Laughable you have to pay to read that garbage online.

wfnz is brutal. You have 2 goofball homers on in the morning who don’t know a thing about sports. You have a Cleveland guy on In the mid day with an awful show. And then you have Kyle Bailey who is more worried about maintaining relationships with Roman Harper, Steve smith, Marty Hurney, and Mitch kupchak then actually doing his job. It’s where sports figures in Charlotte go when times are tough for a soft landing spot. Marty Hurney use to go on Kyle’s show and it was cringeworthy how easy the questions were. 

then you have joe person and David Newton who might just be the 2 worst people in sports at covering their local teams. 

these are the people who should be holding Tepper accountable. The fans should be the ones holding these media members accountable to do their jobs. That doesn’t happen in Charlotte. This happens in cities where the fan bases aren’t fair weathered. The media doesn’t get away with this garbage in NYC or Boston. 

i remember a few years back I went back and looked and I think it was something like 28 out of 32 nfl teams had either their coach or qb (or both) doing weekly spots during the football season on their local sports talk radio station. Of course that doesn’t happen in Carolina and the fans just accept it. 

Buddy you sure are right about the local media 🙌👊...

...bizarre situation.

As for Tepper...

...my interests lie with the truth, and right vs. wrong.  

There's so much fictional bullsh*t posted about Tepper and the team that someone needs to provide true facts and set the record straight, the responsibility seems to fall on my shoulders 🤣.

I believe Tepper should pay for his own stadium and municipalities like Charloot & Rock Hill should decline to help him out -- that position and being a Tepper homer are mutually exclusive...

...think about it 🧐.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, NJPanthers12 said:

“Hey did you hear? The Panthers unceremoniously cut the most important player in franchise history who had 1 year left on his contract to guarantee big money to Teddy Bridgewater. They then traded Teddy bridgewater to the broncos and took on a $17M dead cap hit. They also traded multiple assets for an underachieving QB and guaranteed him $19M the following season before ever playing 1 snap with the team. That worked out so well they then brought back the QB they unceremoniously cut and paid him $10M with Darnold still on the team and Teddy’s dead money on the books. Can you believe that roster and asset management ?”

”Who cares!!! Bill Voth puts together the best schedule release videos on twitter every year.”

Its true, we wasted a bunch of picks and a ton of cash looking for QB.  The problem is, none of those QBs are very good. Cam is homeless atm, Teddy took backup money in Miami, and we are desperately trying to find a replacement for Sam. 

Please Lord, let Corral blow the doors off in preseason.  Please.

3 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

As for Tepper...

...my interests lie with the truth, and right vs. wrong.  

There's so much fictional bullsh*t posted about Tepper and the team that someone needs to provide true facts and set the record straight, the responsibility seems to fall on my shoulders 🤣.

I believe Tepper should pay for his own stadium and municipalities like Charloot & Rock Hill should decline to help him out -- that position and being a Tepper homer are mutually exclusive...

...think about it 🧐.

You're nowhere near as important as you like to think you are, dude 🙄