• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer: Cleveland is willing to pay the Panthers half of Baker Mayfield’s contract

TheSpecialJuan

5 hours ago, pantherj said:

It's like Fitt has been saying lately about these cast off QBs, you have to ask why teams want to get rid of them. We know why.

I can give you 250 million reasons they want to get rid of Baker. 

• Flames 2

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e475twq3j7gepv06ksu4q
Soooo tired of this. He's better than Sam, we're not getting him for free, if they're at half then you're talking about trying to get a few million.    They are not stupid enough to do what we did with Teddy.  Give it up.  Make your best and final offer and move on.  Sheesh.

Edited by poundaway
  • Beer 1

Baker is to the Browns as Teddy B was to us, they are willing to pay a team to take him off their hands. 

Yet people are still hoping we trade for him, I dont get it. The dude is trash and doesnt want to play here. We are his last choice, leave him in Cleveland. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

Soooo tired of this. He's better than Sam, we're not getting him for free, if they're at half then you're talking about trying to get a few million.    They are not stupid enough to do what we did with Teddy.  Give it up.  Make your best and final offer and move on.  Sheesh.

It is more like 9 mill if they pay half but I would make the deal.  

Baker starts, Darnolds the backup and Corral is developmental #3.  It isn’t like Baker is costing a ton of draft capital and he if doesn’t work out not a huge deal

Edited by Shocker

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

We dont need him, with him or Sammy at the QB position we still suck and are looking for a QB, dont get caught up with this bullshit. 

All this talk about how much the Browns are willing to pay is meaningless unless we know the draft compensation that is being discussed.

Browns might say they're willing to pay $10 million if we trade them a 3rd round pick. That's a lot different than just considering the cost of taking on the remaining $8-9 million of salary. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

It is more like 9 mill if they pay half but I would make the deal.  

Baker starts, Darnold’s the backup and Corral is developmental #3.  It isn’t like Baker is costing a ton of draft capital and he if doesn’t work out not a huge deal

You say that now until he comes in and the dumbasses we have running the show hand him an extension as soon as he walks in the door and we are trying our best next year to get rid of him. 

Im tired of this show, this is the 3rd offseason with this Fhule and he is trying to add another washed up leftover. It has not worked out at all with the last 2, 3rd time isnt the charm. 

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

We dont need him, with him or Sammy at the QB position we still suck and are looking for a QB, dont get caught up with this bullshit. 

I'm against it.  I think his play was elevated by having literally the #1 OL in the league according to pff (this year its #2).  Hunt and Chubb did most of the heavy lifting on O. 

We'll see what kind of QB he truly is wherever he ends up, because it will be a step down from the Browns. 

He is  more accurate than Sam, particularly on deep balls and is more of a competitor.

The guy's a douche and will be bad for for the locker room, and he'll probably be bad for Corral.  I see him and McAdoo bumping heads. 

If they sign a multiyear deal, I will puke.

But if he becomes our QB, so be it, I'll cheer for him.

Just now, poundaway said:

I'm against it.  I think his play was elevated by having literally the #1 OL in the league according to pff (this year its #2).  Hunt and Chubb did most of the heavy lifting on O. 

We'll see what kind of QB he truly is wherever he ends up, because it will be a step down from the Browns. 

He is  more accurate than Sam, particularly on deep balls and is more of a competitor.

The guy's a douche and will be bad for for the locker room, and he'll probably be bad for Corral.  I see him and McAdoo bumping heads. 

If they sign a multiyear deal, I will puke.

But if he becomes our QB, so be it, I'll cheer for him.

His play WAS elevated by having a top 5 OL in football and he was still only mediocre, maybe top 15 if you want to stretch things a bit, translate that to last years OL in Carolina and he would have looked as bad as Sam did. 

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

His play WAS elevated by having a top 5 OL in football and he was still only mediocre, maybe top 15 if you want to stretch things a bit, translate that to last years OL in Carolina and he would have looked as bad as Sam did. 

No shlt sherlock.  I know that.  He's still better than Sam, who's play across 2 teams and 3 offensive systems has been putrid.  You can blame the OL but you don't throw ints on 1st and 2nd down.  Take the damn sack, throw it away, but don't give it to the other team. 

I agree with you, I don't want Baker.  But you will have a hard time making the case that Sam is on par or better than Baker. 

• Pie 1