• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NC declines to legalize sports betting

Mr. Scot

Just now, Waldo said:

Yeah sounds like you would be asked into court with that kind of friend lol. Smart man

He actually had another friend that (I won't mince words here) was dumb as a brick.

He was riding somewhere with me and we stopped at a convenience store to grab a coke. The young checkout girl inside was what the Scots call "a buxom lass", and as I'm paying for a drinks I look over and notice he's staring straight at her chest. Since it's fairly obvious, she's noticed it too and looks annoyed.

I pay for everything as quick as I can, planning to tell him not to do stuff like that in the future once we get to the car. But as soon as we get in, he turns to me and says "How do you think she pronounces that?" I responded "Pronounces what?" He continued "Do you think it's like 'weed' or 'wide'?"

At this point, I have no idea what he's talking about so I just give up and drive on.

On the way back from where we went, I stopped back at the same store. Different checkout girl this time, but as I'm getting my card out I notice that she's wearing a tag on her chest that says "We ID".

'Weed' or 'wide' 😕

Shook my head, quietly swore, paid for my stuff and left.

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Had a married friend ask me to pick up his stripper girlfriend for him back in the day. It was fun until she tried to kick my girlfriend's ass.

Yikes 😬

Seen a few girlfights in my day. My sister actually got involved in one (I wasn't there) this time she stupidly started dating a married man and got her ass kicked pretty bad.

I found out about the whole thing when I came home to find some older guy in the house wearing my t-shirt and shorts 😕

• Beer 2

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Yikes 😬

Seen a few girlfights in my day. My sister actually got involved in one (I wasn't there) this time she stupidly started dating a married man and got her ass kicked pretty bad.

I found out about the whole thing when I came home to find some older guy in the house wearing my t-shirt and shorts 😕

I got dragged into babysitting the stripper because my friend couldn't be seen at her apartment.  It was great until she started disliking my girlfriend.  

I made the mistake of putting them in the same car one night when the stripper had too much to drink. You can imagine what happened next. 

I gave up stripper sitting shortly after that infamous night. I still get reminded of it on occasion when I run into my ex.

• Beer 1

58 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He actually had another friend that (I won't mince words here) was dumb as a brick.

He was riding somewhere with me and we stopped at a convenience store to grab a coke. The young checkout girl inside was what the Scots call "a buxom lass", and as I'm paying for a drinks I look over and notice he's staring straight at her chest. Since it's fairly obvious, she's noticed it too and looks annoyed.

I pay for everything as quick as I can, planning to tell him not to do stuff like that in the future once we get to the car. But as soon as we get in, he turns to me and says "How do you think she pronounces that?" I responded "Pronounces what?" He continued "Do you think it's like 'weed' or 'wide'?"

At this point, I have no idea what he's talking about so I just give up and drive on.

On the way back from where we went, I stopped back at the same store. Different checkout girl this time, but as I'm getting my card out I notice that she's wearing a tag on her chest that says "We ID".

'Weed' or 'wide' 😕

Shook my head, quietly swore, paid for my stuff and left.

That is hilarious. Great story. Yeah that is a guy who is going to create a lot of trouble but some funny stories. Them days are over. It's the age of cameras and consequences. My dad used to tell us that we would all be arrested for the stuff they got up to and I am going to have to tell mine the same thing about the stuff I got up to when I was younger. 

Edit: Dad was 50's and 60's and I was 80's and 90's lol. You could see the cameras coming back then and then the images were crap lol

Edited by Waldo

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

That is hilarious. Great story. Yeah that is a guy who is going to create a lot of trouble but some funny stories. Them days are over. It's the age of cameras and consequences. My dad used to tell us that we would all be arrested for the stuff they got up to now (80s and 90s) and I am going to have to tell mine the same thing about the stuff I got up to when I was younger. 

Lucky I did all my stupid stuff before the internet and social media got big so there's no record of any of it 😄

14 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I got dragged into babysitting the stripper because my friend couldn't be seen at her apartment.  It was great until she started disliking my girlfriend.  

I made the mistake of putting them in the same car one night when the stripper had too much to drink. You can imagine what happened next. 

I gave up stripper sitting shortly after that infamous night. I still get reminded of it on occasion when I run into my ex.

Is "stripper sitting" an actual job? 🤔

(asking for a friend)

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Lucky I did all my stupid stuff before the internet and social media got big so there's no record of any of it 😄

Is "stripper sitting" an actual job? 🤔

(asking for a friend)

It was with that particular group of friends.  I hung out with some rough characters in my 20's so it was the norm at that time in Greensboro.  Most married guys had a side piece as they would call them. Nearly all were strippers.  I seemed to be the only single guy of the bunch so naturally I was asked to do it. It was a tough job but someone had to do it.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

On occasion 😆

One time, he got this stripper's phone number and asked me if I'd let her call me and then send him a text so his wife didn't see the incoming calls. Wasn't really sure how that was gonna help him, but I said "hell no" anyway.

Does your friend also insist that the pool cabana girls are totally into him?  When I was a naïve 21-year-old, a stripper gave me "her number" and told me how she wanted me to swoop in and rescue her from the stripping industry on a night where she funneled several hundred dollars from me.  I had to learn the hard way that that's basically their job lol.

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Does your friend also insist that the pool cabana girls are totally into him?  When I was a naïve 21-year-old, a stripper gave me "her number" and told me how she wanted me to swoop in and rescue her from the stripping industry on a night where she funneled several hundred dollars from me.  I had to learn the hard way that that's basically their job lol.

Well, he was a big, decently good looking guy who tended to throw his money around, so female attention wasn't too hard for him to come by.

As far as the truth though, I'd be willing to bet he told the girls as  many lies as they told him. Stuff about his career, his background, his bank account, etc.

I know on at least one occasion he claimed to be an army veteran to get a serviceman's discount.

• Beer 2

On 6/22/2022 at 10:47 PM, Jackie Lee said:

Oh yeah I love the 400 pages of small print every time politicians want to push a seemingly simple vote through. That's the full time job, not serving their communities who voted for them

Honestly wish for an NC (even federal) amendment that restricts a bill to one topic. 

• Beer 1