• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral: The Biggest Underdog in The NFL

50 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Early reports are he's having trouble pre snap but is doing well after.  Got to get that up to speed first. That's a crucial part of the job. He has to get everyone set and have time to read the defense before the clock runs out. I seriously doubt he can read an nfl defense well enough at this stage. Fingers crossed 🤞

I would love to have him start though.  He still has a lot to learn despite my hopes that he can be the guy.  

Not "trouble" per se, Jon Snow, just taking the requisite time that a young QB legitimately needs become a credible pro QB while learning the necessary particulars of the job. This is but a normal part of transition.

It's almost like no one, save a few, believed anything I've been saying. I only had one main question regarding MC coming into this league, & I said the same thing about CMC when he came into the league, so I am not going to jinx Matt. But, suffice it to say that CMC's position is one where the fire can't be avoided, and MC's position is about the most protected class in football. He'll take his hits, but he's smart enough to help mitigate those.

As for the game, he's got it, and he's got it in spades!

• Pie 1

BY the way, I also told y'all all that off-field poo was either overblown or a straight up lie. That's what it is! Sure, MC my still need to get out of him own head at times, but he's smart, and he's a winner. That winning mentality and drive to overcome is innate!

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Early reports are he's having trouble pre snap but is doing well after.  Got to get that up to speed first. That's a crucial part of the job. He has to get everyone set and have time to read the defense before the clock runs out. I seriously doubt he can read an nfl defense well enough at this stage. Fingers crossed 🤞

I would love to have him start though.  He still has a lot to learn despite my hopes that he can be the guy.  

So simplify the offense for him while hes getting used to the NFL game.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

BY the way, I also told y'all all that off-field poo was either overblown or a straight up lie. That's what it is! Sure, MC my still need to get out of him own head at times, but he's smart, and he's a winner. That winning mentality and drive to overcome is innate!

THAT'S exactly why you treat him like the first rounder he was before the fake news media decided to hit piece him.

Pushing Matt down and pulling Pickett/Willis up was the intention. When it comes to QBs they love to try and trap teams with fhules gold like Zach Wilson and smol hands.

Great for us though, play him.

5 minutes ago, joemac said:

That's a double edge sword. A simpler offense is too easy to diagnose and defend.  The defense has a tremendous edge on the rookie and the team as a whole.  That's how you end 5-12 for the season. 

I'm all for getting him out there but you have to give him a chance at least.  There's a huge difference between college competition and nfl competition.  Let's hope he catches on quickly. 

• Pie 3

27 minutes ago, joemac said:

Also it's not just the offense, but the defenses he's facing. If he doesn't know where the blitz is coming from, hard to avoid it.

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:
26 minutes ago, joemac said:

That's a double edge sword. A simpler offense is too easy to diagnose and defend.  The defense has a tremendous edge on the rookie and the team as a whole.  That's how you end 5-12 for the season. 

a double edged sword "indeed." I Think you keep all the plays and reads but limit progressions or put some other rule on Matt to ease him into the offense, Expand the progressions as he gets faster and more comfortable maybe.... 1-2 reads and a checkdown -then run or throw the ball away?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Michael G said:

a double edged sword "indeed." I Think you keep all the plays and reads but limit progressions or put some other rule on Matt to ease him into the offense, Expand the progressions as he gets faster and more comfortable maybe.... 1-2 reads and a checkdown -then run or throw the ball away?

Yeah, something like that is what I was thinking. 

• Pie 1