• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Miles arrested on felony domestic violence

Captain Morgan

11 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

I imagine the Hornets were hoping to use this to re-sign Miles cheaply, that it quietly gets swept under the rug, and that fans would forget by the time the season rolls around. Doesn't look like it's going to be swept away or that fans will forget.

With their continued "no comment" responses it certainly looks that way. I hope the Panthers can get their act together this fall because the pro basketball team isn't one worth watching if beating the hell out of your wife and kid isn't an issue worth taking an official stance on from the get go.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

With their continued "no comment" responses it certainly looks that way. I hope the Panthers can get their act together this fall because the pro basketball team isn't one worth watching if beating the hell out of your wife and kid isn't an issue worth taking an official stance on from the get go.

Yep. At the very least they could say they're looking into the situation and are willing to make sure the family gets the help they need.

• Pie 1

I wonder how long it will be before Bridges and his lawyers make a statement. I can't imagine Bridges would want to drag this on for very long. Especially since the charges mention his kids as well. I see a plea bargain in the near future, and some sort of rehab for Bridges. And if I'm the Hornets, I cut my losses, and let him go. SORRY NOT SORRY!

12 hours ago, frankw said:

Just awful. The silence from the team is a bad look no matter how you might want to look at this with teal or purple shades. They should have already cut ties officially.

They're holding out for a suspension and exception from Silver so they don't lose the $8m now. I agree with you though, the messaging could be a lot better. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, MechaZain said:

They're holding out for a suspension and exception from Silver so they don't lose the $8m now. I agree with you though, the messaging could be a lot better. 

They should have pulled the offer when his wife/girlfriend first showed how much damage he had done to her. They wouldn't have to worry about the $8m if they had.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

He is fugedddddd.

It is pretty clear he will be convicted…as he should…
I hate the Hornets for standing pat with this 

His wife and the mother f his children is coming clean here…this has gone on for very long time

Edited by Shocker

those poor kids were literally watching when this happened. that's heartbreaking to hear. those are big boy charges as they should be. the thing is that he's a first time offender and the jails are overcrowded. here's hoping that he gets a year or two to think about it, but part of me thinks his money will get him out of this as far as keeping his freedom goes. what will happen is that he will have to go play in europe for a few years if he wants to make it back to the NBA and even then it's not a guarantee. these aren't weapons charges or drugs. this is too radioactive for any team to justify using to get better. he threw it all away and even worse, lost his family for it. I am livid at Lamelo for being immature enough to rock with him after this came out and hope somebody gets to that kid. 

On 7/21/2022 at 1:46 PM, Cam Lawter said:

Sadly if this happens to be his first felony, he will most likely be only getting probation with the lawyers he will inevitably be hiring to take on this case. Hopefully, no team signs this piece of trash and his wife and kids get the help they need to escape from an abusive relationship.  

Was thinking that, similar to the Ray Rice case, but wasn’t sure if the fact that it’s three felonies maybe changes things.