• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker already leading the team and the trade was just made…..

Say what you want about the man….but one thing you can say with confidence is that he will be light years above Darnold at being an Alpha in the huddle and bringing the energy. That is a highly underrated quality in a QB as we all seen with Cam over the years. I have no idea if Baker will work out and he could suck ass like the last 83 QB’s since Cam, but this is a good start.

D5125082-B120-4EE6-8F64-1E074C70D623.jpeg

07B08D8A-36F3-453E-B1A8-EAEA32603FCC.jpeg

FB9C195A-222C-4E79-A196-CC69DA7947B6.jpeg

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 4

11 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Say what you want about the man….but one thing you can say with confidence is that he will be light years above Darnold at being an Alpha in the huddle and bringing the energy. That is a highly underrated quality in a QB as we all seen with Cam over the years. I have no idea if Baker will work out and he could suck ass like the last 83 QB’s since Cam, but this is a good start.

D5125082-B120-4EE6-8F64-1E074C70D623.jpeg

07B08D8A-36F3-453E-B1A8-EAEA32603FCC.jpeg

FB9C195A-222C-4E79-A196-CC69DA7947B6.jpeg

Don’t forget about Jake Delhomme  he was a middle of the road quarterback but he did have moxie.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, Monrowed said:

Don’t forget about Jake Delhomme  he was a middle of the road quarterback but he did have moxie.

I’ll take a middle of the road talented QB with big gigantic brass balls all day everyday. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, Monrowed said:

Favre also had not so amazing stats his first three seasons as a starter. Not saying Baker will turn into a Favre ... but I def see him in that same way as well as like Jake.

5 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

I was shouted down last year for questioning Darnold's leadership skills. It's just obvious the guy just doesn't love playing football.

I don't know enough about Mayfield to make an assessment, but this is a better start.

I'm skeptical on Baker as a leader but at the same time Sam Darnold has as much team leadership ability as a tackling dummy.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Just because you put yourself out front doesn't mean that people will follow you.

That's on them. If your starting QB is trying to lead ... you follow until it falls apart. Right now ... if Baker is trying to run the show ... let the man lead. If you've already written him off as a player, the team has no hope.

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Just because you put yourself out front doesn't mean that people will follow you.

Question for you,  should he do nothing at all, or do everything that he can do to improve his chances of success? I would prefer the latter of the two.

You can’t fault the man for trying…

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, rayzor said:

True. Many fans of the Browns love the guy though and no one really blew up about his leadership skills inside the locker room until Odell flipped out. He has been a drama case everywhere he has been so idk. It could be the homer in me now that he’s a Panther now. I want to believe we can see a decent season again, and get us out of the Darnold Gumby multiverse which is almost as bad as the Jimmy Pickle Multiverse. 

Time will tell if it works out but at least we will have some energy from the QB position.