• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Carolina Panthers are owned by a Dan Snyder clone

tiger7_88

4 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I don't think Tepper's deference to Rhule is the plus that you're implying it is. If anything, it underscores his ineptitude even more.

That’s quite the framing lol. Tepper’s deference to Rhule is a bad thing simply because Rhule has shown poor judgment. Does that mean I want Tepper stepping in and meddling and overriding Rhule and Fitterer on football decisions? Hell no. An owner’s deference to their head coach as a management philosophy IS a plus…I can’t possibly imagine you disagree with that. Tepper already made his bed and committed himself to Rhule, so at this point I want him to entrust the people he hired to do their job. Otherwise you end up with a Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder. Tepper’s mistake thus far has been hiring Rhule - that’s his job and where he has dropped the ball. His job isn’t to coach this team and set the depth chart and manage the roster. If he kept Rhule and instead neutered him of all football decisions and took it upon himself to make those decisions instead, then THAT would epitomize ineptitude and would convert me into a full-blown bitter and miserable Huddler.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

You could switch "Snyder" with "Tepper," and this still makes perfect sense. Tepper has absolutely been prone to knee-jerk decisions. All things considered with injuries, Tepper has had a different starting QB take most of the snaps every year he's owned the team.

2018: Cam Newton
2019: Kyle Allen
2020: Teddy Bridgewater
2021: Sam Darnold
2022: Baker Mayfield

If anything, he's trained what's left of the fanbase to know not to buy a Mayfield jersey now, to wait until December, when they're $29.99 at Dick's Sporting Goods, and to apply the same approach to Carson Wentz's jersey next year.

Hey now why would we get Wentz when we can get a hometown hero like Daniel Jones?

8 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

He's not Snyder level yet but very few in this thread willing to defend him. He has been wrong on every decision, and is trying to stiff a bunch businesses over the practice facility fiasco. Hope they stick it to him and he is forced to sell.  Seems like a Snyder in training right now and sexual harassment claims would not surprise me.  

I think that adding Fitterer to the mix was an excellent decision.

Now diluting the GM's power by placing him under a coach who doesn't have very much professional experience might not be good, but it's year three and the moves have been pretty good, if not intriguing, compared to years one and two of the Rhule era.