• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WINS AND LOSSES

scratched

36 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Browns - If no Watson then we should win

Giants - Winnable

Saints - Winnable (No Peyton)

Cardinal - Winnable

49ers - Winnable (Lance's first year starting)

Rams - Loss 

Bucs - Loss

Falcons - Winnable

Bengals - Loss

Falcons - Winnable

Ravens - Loss

Broncos - Loss

Seahawks - Winnable

Steelers - Winnable

Lions - Winnable

Bucs - Loss

Saints - Winnable

I show 11 "winnable games" and 6 games we should lose.  We obviously won't win all 11 winnable games and might upset 1 or 2 of those 6 we should lose.  If all goes well we win more than we lose in the winnable games and maybe get an upset or 2.  I should see us being 8-9 or 9-8 if Mayfield clicks in McAdoo's offense

So does 8-9 or 9-8 save rhules job?  And then what do we do with Mayfield?

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

not seeing that many wins with or without CMC. he bumps us up to maybe 6 wins. the schedule is brutal and we still probably have rhule managing the games.

The first 4 games are the most important IMO.  We come out of the first quarter of the season limping into a hard stretch we may be in for a long year.   niners, rams bucs is going to be brutal, probably need to win the giants and saints, I think the browns are going to roll us over with their rushing attack

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So does 8-9 or 9-8 save rhules job?  And then what do we do with Mayfield?

You will have to ask Tepper than question.  

That depends on how much Baker was carrying the offense.  If he was simply playing the role of game manager and we like what we see in Corral, we let him take over IMO.  If Baker lights it up then we will have some options.  Some options is a good things vs PJ/Sam/Teddy/Broken Cam.    

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

You will have to ask Tepper than question.  

That depends on how much Baker was carrying the offense.  If he was simply playing the role of game manager and we like what we see in Corral, we let him take over IMO.  If Baker lights it up then we will have some options.  Some options is a good things vs PJ/Sam/Teddy/Broken Cam.    

My gut seems to think its playoffs or bust for rhule.  8 games isnt going to do it and only a small chance with 9.  Rhule needs 10 wins IMO and I dont see that at all with this schedule

This schedule is tough, but I don't know how tough it is because several of these teams have some questions.  Will the Saints suck without Peyton?  How good are the NIners with Lance still learning?  How do the Steelers look with Mitch/Pickett?  Rhule has actually had the Cardinals number for whatever reason...

Falcons 2x, Seahawks, and possible Giants should be pretty bad and the Lions might still need a year or two (they were playing competitive at the end of the year though).  

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The first 4 games are the most important IMO.  We come out of the first quarter of the season limping into a hard stretch we may be in for a long year.   niners, rams bucs is going to be brutal, probably need to win the giants and saints, I think the browns are going to roll us over with their rushing attack

the first three are the easiest. from there it's just a meat grinder...i mean with the exception of the falcons but i think we'll probably split with them.

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

My gut seems to think its playoffs or bust for rhule.  8 games isnt going to do it and only a small chance with 9.  Rhule needs 10 wins IMO and I dont see that at all with this schedule

If we can improve AND lose Rhule I will be thrilled.  We actually have some talent on our roster now and a good coach would help tremendously!  

20 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If we don't come out as 2-1 in the first three games, we won't make it to five wins unless there's a change at QB1 and the team takes off (and I can't see that happening). 

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If we can improve AND lose Rhule I will be thrilled.  We actually have some talent on our roster now and a good coach would help tremendously!  

we are 2 drafts away from being a super loaded team IMO assuming we can keep chinn brown etc.....  we just need a stud linebacker and depth across the board

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

the first three are the easiest. from there it's just a meat grinder...i mean with the exception of the falcons but i think we'll probably split with them.

We would start 3-0 again just for Rhule to think we are going to the playoffs only for him to fall flat on his face.