• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Freddie Kitchens: Baker Mayfied’s passion is an attribute, not a detriment

WarPanthers89

On 7/16/2022 at 1:02 PM, mrcompletely11 said:

The problem with baker as I have read is that he would call out a lineman for missing a block and then throw a int on the next play.  That kind of poo didn’t fly and split the locker room.    

Then that's a problem of the team, not Baker. If they can't handle some constructive criticism from the guy watching everything unfold, that's on them. Joe Thomas (ultimate football name for the position and team) retiring was the end of cohesion there.

Cam had that kind of passion and it left him on the sidelines brooding with a towel over his head at times. When he channeled and controlled it, though, he had a historic season and took us to the pinnacle of the sport. 

It's a maturation thing and it happens when a hero finds out that they are mortal. I think Cam found it in that truck wreck. Maybe Baker found it in the Deshaun Watson/Cleveland train wreck. I hope he finds that maturity and strength that Cam did. It could be quite magical to see that again.

The calling out of a teammate to the media for trying to get a better contract will rub lots of guys the wrong way. Some things are not your business and you should stay out of them. You can't knock a man for trying(even if it didn't work) to get all he can in a short NFL career. Baker did that and I'm sure that stuck with a few of the guys in the locker room.

On 7/19/2022 at 2:15 PM, NCBlu said:

The calling out of a teammate to the media for trying to get a better contract will rub lots of guys the wrong way. Some things are not your business and you should stay out of them. You can't knock a man for trying(even if it didn't work) to get all he can in a short NFL career. Baker did that and I'm sure that stuck with a few of the guys in the locker room.

He was either in his first or second year in the NFL, he was use to college loyalty. People really need to give up on that.