• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have spent the equivalent of pick 19 on a QB over the last two offseasons

Luciu5

Our problem is not the amount we spent on Rhule's magical mystery QB adventure thus far, it is who we spent it on.  The amount spent on the QB slot over the last three years is rather unremarkable.  The production, however, is rather remarkable and not in a good way.

Then, we gave up too much to get Darnold and then exercised year 5.  Truth is, Darnold is the source of the ills in this scenario.  Not him personally, but a staff with next to no NFL experience believing they can rehabilitate a QB known for questionable decisions behind an OL that had been neglected is, well, "curious" thinking.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 7/18/2022 at 10:13 PM, stbugs said:

Don’t forget Teddy canceled out the 3rd round comp pick for Bradberry as well.

We’ve spent a poo ton of picks and cap space in 3 years and it’s been on 3 QBs who weren’t wanted as starters and a 3rd rounder. Maybe it works out be we certainly haven’t got anywhere near good value for QBs.

Youre right and since you added on, so will I. The iants received a 3rd round COMP for the panthers signing Teddy........so we lost a late 3rd and gave a late 3rd to the fuging iants.......along with paying him 30 to show hes a good backup option.....

just awful. 

On 7/19/2022 at 12:26 AM, hepcat said:

They should have just kept Kyle Allen and rebuilt the roster. He was basically the same as Teddy but with a much lower price tag.

I agreed with that too, just a total failure at these QB decisions. 2020 was the PERFECT YEAR/TIME to tank for the panthers. Im the most anti-tank person around(until the playoffs are at 0%)- but rookie staff, mass exodus, coofus. It was the perfect time to stack up draft currency.. 

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I agreed with that too, just a total failure at these QB decisions. 2020 was the PERFECT YEAR/TIME to tank for the panthers. Im the most anti-tank person around(until the playoffs are at 0%)- but rookie staff, mass exodus, coofus. It was the perfect time to stack up draft currency.. 

And now with the Baker thing, it'll be more entertaining than watching Sam back there but it's still one year, either pay him $30M a year next year or try Corral, start over again for the 4th year in a row. We should be in a way better place "process" wise at this point, we shouldn't be going into 23 with Corral as the only QB on the roster and $30M over the cap. 

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

And now with the Baker thing, it'll be more entertaining than watching Sam back there but it's still one year, either pay him $30M a year next year or try Corral, start over again for the 4th year in a row. We should be in a way better place "process" wise at this point, we shouldn't be going into 23 with Corral as the only QB on the roster and $30M over the cap. 

My honest dream/hope, is Corral is the real deal. Im a bigger Baker fan than Sammy boy, for sure. IMO 2 ways on how this plays out- crash and burns down mid-season. Everyone but Scot Finessererereer and Dan Morgan is fired. *Or* Baker and Rhule get super connected ie mind, body, soul. Play well enough for one of the last playoff spots and Baker resigns for a team friendly deal.... I think Baker is Rhules embodiment of what he drools over at QB, whether that leads to wins and getting the show back on tracks.....???

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I think Baker is Rhules embodiment of what he drools over at QB, whether that leads to wins and getting the show back on tracks.....???

Just curious, what is that? The most common thing along these lines I hear here is something to the effect of wanting a Yes Man or some sort of beta personality that won't outshine Rhule. Baker isn't really those things, soo...?

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

Just curious, what is that? The most common thing along these lines I hear here is something to the effect of wanting a Yes Man or some sort of beta personality that won't outshine Rhule. Baker isn't really those things, soo...?

Just how Rhule describes what he wants of out QB spot. Hes wants a rar rar college QB and Baker is still of a OU mindset. Regardless of whats being said to the public, Most of Bakers teammates love the way he handles himself as their QB. Like Rhule Baker is full of emotions, ie like the short cook Tepper deal. He does put in the work by all reports and is not scared to deal with divia WRs.  Once Baker leads the team to victory in which he was the main reason, that will do it. I see them clicking like soulmates. 

Im willing to bet, Rhule was the main driving force in trading for Baker. Hes heard the right stuff form former coaches and players. He wants a player to take the job and run/lead the team, Baker fits that.