• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

News from other NFL camps

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Good grief, what an awful take from a guy who knows better. That wouldn't happen in a vacuum during a game. If you have a DL forklifting one of your OL like that your entire protection scheme is busted. It's going to open up opportunities for others. This is what Kris Jenkins did for us in his prime. He didn't get a lot of sacks himself but him blowing up protections by take somebody out led to a lot of sacks and pressures.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Good grief, what an awful take from a guy who knows better. That wouldn't happen in a vacuum during a game. If you have a DL forklifting one of your OL like that your entire protection scheme is busted. It's going to open up opportunities for others. This is what Kris Jenkins did for us in his prime. He didn't get a lot of sacks himself but him blowing up protections by take somebody out led to a lot of sacks and pressures.

You know the Schwartz brothers are “o line till I die” lol 

Edited by Panthercougar68

The LA Times' Gary Klein reports QB John Wolford won't play in the Rams' preseason games. 

It's notable because Matthew Stafford is fighting through an elbow injury McVay has described as rare for a quarterback. Stafford on Saturday threw for the first time this offseason -- a relief for Rams coaches and players. That Wolford won't play in LA's three preseason games means McVay is being cautious with the inexperienced backup who could step in if Stafford misses time with his bulky elbow. Bryce Perkins, who saw extensive preseason playing time in 2021, is expected to take most of the snaps for the Rams this month. Wolford, a rushing threat and a poor passer, could be rostered in deeper superflex formats. 

🤔

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

The LA Times' Gary Klein reports QB John Wolford won't play in the Rams' preseason games. 

It's notable because Matthew Stafford is fighting through an elbow injury McVay has described as rare for a quarterback. Stafford on Saturday threw for the first time this offseason -- a relief for Rams coaches and players. That Wolford won't play in LA's three preseason games means McVay is being cautious with the inexperienced backup who could step in if Stafford misses time with his bulky elbow. Bryce Perkins, who saw extensive preseason playing time in 2021, is expected to take most of the snaps for the Rams this month. Wolford, a rushing threat and a poor passer, could be rostered in deeper superflex formats. 

🤔

I get the won the Super Bowl but this is the type of thing if you’re not winning people would be more in an uproar.

This whole elbow thing has been weird.

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

I get the won the Super Bowl but this is the type of thing if you’re not winning people would be more in an uproar.

This whole elbow thing has been weird.

kind of wild that they are not gonna let their backup play while their starter is at risk. You'd have to assume they are giving Wolford the "2021 Darnold treatment."  Sounds like the Rams are preparing as if Wolford will be the starter week 1. 

26 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

That injury still haunts me.  Man what a crappy thing to deal with.

It's especially brutal for big guys. Lots of big men have had careers ended or derailed by recurring foot injuries. There are a lot of small structures doing a lot of work and when they get compromised it's tough. We all saw it with Greg Olsen.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1