• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Panthers Camp Updates

Zod

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

A future 2nd and 4th is not a fortune.  In terms of pay, Sam was 10 million a year.

I absolutely do not want to watch another year of Sam. 

I think its a fortune. Those draft picks can be starters if you know what you're doing and we were negotiating against ourselves. No question we got fleeced.

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

football is back and people are arguing... what is going on....?

Good conversation. May get heated at times, but I like hearing and accepting people with different perspectives. Nothing I say is personal I love good sports debates. Ready for the season!

Edited by Jared Patterson
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

I think its a fortune. Those draft picks can be starters if you know what you're doing and we were negotiating against ourselves. No question we got fleeced.

Since Sam sucks, yes we got fleeced.  I was against it at the time and I wanted Fields in the draft.  Just like I was against the Baker trade this time.  Baker is an upgrade over Sam and the consensus is we will be more competitive and win more games with Baker.     

• Beer 2

Overall, I just think there is a ceiling with Baker. I do believe he is an upgrade from Darnold; however, I don't see him as a guy that can ever lead us to a super bowl, so I just don't see the point of making the trade. Im not a Matt Rhule fan and I think its allowing him his what 5th chance at a QB? I am more frustrated with that than I am strictly Baker. Maybe I will be wrong and he can lead us to the ship, but I don't want to win a few more games to hurt our draft stock and keep Rhule around. I am thinking more long term.

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Since Sam sucks, yes we got fleeced.  I was against it at the time and I wanted Fields in the draft.  Just like I was against the Baker trade this time.  Baker is an upgrade over Sam and the consensus is we will be more competitive and win more games with Baker.     

Agreed. Im not as much mad at us trading for Baker personally, its the giving Matt Rhule yet another chance and I don't want us to win a few more games and him use that as an excuse to stick around and do the same crap next year. Either way Baker and Sam are FA next year. 

1 hour ago, Jared Patterson said:

And yes, I believe Baker is slightly better than Darnold (def not in camp so far though) I just cant believe our franchise has gotten this low....

If you think he is only slightly better than explains some of your uneducated comments about Baker.

• Beer 1

35 minutes ago, bruceleeroy said:

If you think he is only slightly better than explains some of your uneducated comments about Baker.

Here's Sams lone highlight of the day. Takes 4 seconds to let it go against air lol. His release compared to Baker and Corral is pretty horrible. I can see why McAdoo had serious issues with his mechanics coming out of the draft after seeing him actually compete. Not to mention the happy feet, Baker and Corral are smaller yet more willing to step up in the pocket

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

No it doesn't lol and idc what article or stats say that that is completely false and fake news. I think Baker is better than Darnold (barely), but he is no where near a top 5 QB like you think and I don't think anyone on the planet would say Darnold had a better line than Baker. Thats a wild statement. 

The data shows Baker was pressured more often with less pocket time last year. The Browns had several starters out throughout the year so yes before the season started they were ranked in the top 10 based on talent and history. However that doesn’t matter because that unit was changing throughout the season with injuries and @poundawayis giving you the data that shows Baker’s OL wasn’t that great though out the actual season at pass protection. Both Darnold and Baker had bad pass protecting OLs last season and Baker STILL played better than Sam with one shoulder and a bad planting foot.
Saying a QB that took the Browns to the playoffs, beat the Steelers while posting a QBR in the top 10 in 2020 is BARELY better than Sam is the only fake news I see here. Baker can be solid and has shown he is a capable starting QB. Sam should never start for a NFL team again. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1