• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Panthers Camp Updates

Zod

Just now, dxpanther said:

i never understood why we care who is out on the field first. what's the point?

Just shows initiative, if you are trying to earn a spot (even if it’s a practice squad spot) and it’s down to you and another guy and the decision is split down the middle between the coaching staff… well I like your chances better than the guy who came out last.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Just shows initiative, if you are trying to earn a spot (even if it’s a practice squad spot) and it’s down to you and another guy and the decision is split down the middle between the coaching staff… well I like your chances better than the guy who came out last.

no coach ever in history said, "this guys is out on the field 4 minutes ahead of the other, he gets the spot." 

that's not a reason except amongst fans following tweets from media.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It’ll be interesting to see if Mayfield continues to take snaps from Bozeman while operating with the first team RB’s and WR’s or if he is with Elflein today.

I don’t understand how the starting center on a team far superior to us is not a lock to be the starter on our team

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, dxpanther said:

no coach ever in history said, "this guys is out on the field 4 minutes ahead of the other, he gets the spot." 

that's not a reason except amongst fans following tweets from media.

I mean I coach at the HS level and I’ve interned under one of the coaches currently on our coaching staff… while your quote has never been said when determining cuts, the word initiative has been said countless times when determining cuts. I’d rather keep the player that shows up early and runs off the field than the player who shows up late and walks off the field if all other things are considered equal. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I mean I coach at the HS level and I’ve interned under one of the coaches currently on our coaching staff… while your quote has never been said when determining cuts, the word initiative has been said countless times when determining cuts. I’d rather keep the player that shows up early and runs off the field than the player who shows up late and walks off the field if all other things are considered equal. 

in the unlikely case you can't decide between two players, i'd really hope they would just have it decided by a foot race or three cone. giving it to the guy that puts his pads on and his shoes faster is just asinine to me.