• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It hurts

onmyown

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I won't watch it.

I have no trouble rewatching 38, but I don't ever want to see even one highlight from 50 again.

I usually watch highlights whether the panthers win or lose. Likewise, I’ve watched replays and reruns of SB38, but have never touched 50. Don’t think I ever will. That one just hit differently. 

On 7/29/2022 at 5:02 PM, Jon Snow said:

I would say the refs letting Van Miller earhole Cam and get away with it contributed a lot to the outcome of the game. Especially since he did it twice and got a turnover both times.

Yeah they beat us alright.  Those two plays change the entire game. Both should have been roughing the passer calls.

F*ck them all.

...and Cotch caught the ball!

The awkward exchange when the ref explains the Cotchery non-catch logic -  CBSSports.com

Edited by shaqattaq
  • Pie 1

On 7/29/2022 at 2:40 PM, Panthera onca said:

That's because they knew that the fix was in. It was one big retirement gift for Manning.

My father genuinely believes that Cam's fumble was him throwing the game on Goddell's order lmao 

The officiating was biased for Denver If the league really did fix the super bowl I promise you the players would not be in on it. 

32 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

My father genuinely believes that Cam's fumble was him throwing the game on Goddell's order lmao 

The officiating was biased for Denver If the league really did fix the super bowl I promise you the players would not be in on it. 

There is a difference between being in on it and knowing. It's sort of like elections, you don't need all 50 states to be in on throwing something. You just need three or four key precincts throughout the entire country to change the outcome. Likewise, to throw a game in the NFL, you just need two or three people who don't even need to know.

Now I'm not saying either of these things happen. I'm just saying that to get the result, you only need relatively microscopic keys.

On 7/29/2022 at 2:40 PM, Panthera onca said:

That's because they knew that the fix was in. It was one big retirement gift for Manning.

That was blatantly obvious. Anyone who thinks the NFL didn't set Manning up for a retirement win...well they probably think Oswald acted alone. 

On 7/29/2022 at 6:26 PM, Zaximus said:

I know you are a company man about these things but this isn't true.  The analysis on this game was like 20 some missed calls against us, it was actually insane.  No calls on personal fouls, batting fumbles, Cotchery catch, a lot of stuff that adds up.  I mean not to mention the many many "storyline" super bowls since Goodell took over.  But really just watch this game, it's quite obvious.  This is a league that just keeps bad refs each year.  The NFL can legally push games one way or the other, they are the same filing status as the WWE.  I don't think it always works but they went heavy handed in this game.  They couldn't have Manning lose.  And ratings drops in the SB means advertisers get to pay less I believe, or it was like that.

I literally cannot bring myself to watch it or any highlights. I know its been 6 years but I CAN NOT LET IT GO THAT WAS OUR fuging SUPERBOWLLLL 😞