• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saturday Scrimmage Play by Play and Observations

firstdayfan

Ya I follow a few teams and the panthers have the worst media department and writers. Do they do anything like building the browns or flightplan (arizona). Like their own hard knocks type thing? They’re YouTube and social media is horrendous. Could hire a couple college grads to do a better job. 

• Beer 1

I think the nfl as a whole has pushed back on independent media and dana recording stuff. Team social media accounts are too important right now.

Sometimes we have blinders on to what the rest do the league does. Kinda like the black helmets, i was thinking, "wow the panthers finally listened" but in reality the nfl changed the rules and like 13 teams are doing alternate helmets this season.

16 hours ago, firstdayfan said:

Again, sorry for the length.

No apology owed. In a day when Twitter only gives us little bits and pieces, more thorough analysis is good to see.

My health hasn't allowed me to get out to training camp for a long time. I miss observing the little things. The descriptions and pics here remind me what it was like.

Appreciated 🙂

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, ncstatekwi said:

Never understood the Ian Thomas re-signing.....I mean he is notorious for being not so football smart in games and tends to drop important passes!

He's never been that special. He can block a little bit now though, but nothing Band-Aids can't do. 

1 hour ago, dynomite said:

Ya I follow a few teams and the panthers have the worst media department and writers. Do they do anything like building the browns or flightplan (arizona). Like their own hard knocks type thing? They’re YouTube and social media is horrendous. Could hire a couple college grads to do a better job. 

We used to have great content

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The price was absurd. Not a smart move by Fitterer/Rhule.

I agree with you there, but I'd call it a WTH-moment (like including a 2nd round pick for Darnold) as opposed to a WTF-moment (like extending Darnold). It's Darnold-esque for sure.

I hope the kid's hands suddenly soften up and his route running heats up. 

13 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I agree with you there, but I'd call it a WTH-moment (like including a 2nd round pick for Darnold) as opposed to a WTF-moment (like extending Darnold). It's Darnold-esque for sure.

I hope the kid's hands suddenly soften up and his route running heats up. 

Yeah, hence why I am wary of proclaiming Fitterer some sort of genius. He isn't a real GM and our moves have been equally good and bad. 

I hope to see him in a traditional GM role with our next coach. I think that will let us know if he is the guy or not.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, hence why I am wary of proclaiming Fitterer some sort of genius. He isn't a real GM and our moves have been equally good and bad. 

I hope to see him in a traditional GM role with our next coach. I think that will let us know if he is the guy or not.

You realize that he is highly ranked and thought of by NFL circles, simply for his work as GM here, and that's despite the Darnold extension (but, admittedly, maybe skewed by his drafting)? 

44 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You realize that he is highly ranked and thought of by NFL circles, simply for his work as GM here, and that's despite the Darnold extension (but, admittedly, maybe skewed by his drafting)? 

I certainly haven't seen anything credible showing him "highly ranked" nor thought of in "NFL circles." 

If anything, he's an "incomplete" because he isn't a real GM. We have no idea what he is truly responsible for and what Matt Rhule is responsible for. I hope it's been a healthy dose of Rhule on the many bad moves we've seen.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I certainly haven't seen anything credible showing him "highly ranked" nor thought of in "NFL circles." 

If anything, he's an "incomplete" because he isn't a real GM. We have no idea what he is truly responsible for and what Matt Rhule is responsible for. I hope it's been a healthy dose of Rhule on the many bad moves we've seen.

I'll take "Incomplete" with what Fitterer has done with the draft and acquisitions he made this offseason.