• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Wednesday 8-10 Discussion

rayzor

25 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

It would work if Rhule talked about stuff he knows, like eating, playing golf, etc.

No matter what the question just respond with

" I love a good piece of steak and baked potato"

"Oh thanks, I really pride myself on my golf game, You know I played a round with (insert panther player) a couple of days ago"

Or go the Belicheat route...mumble a bunch of meaningless drivel and stare menacingly.

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hard to say. They've tinkered with the PS rules so much over the last few years it's gotten way more complicated than it used to be.

I would expect Walker to likely fit as a veteran exception, but I haven't looked over what the rules are for this season.

"NFL teams will be able to have 16 players on their practice squad. The number went up from 14 during the COVID019 pandemic. Ten of the 16 players can have no more than two accrued seasons. The other six players don't have any limitations, which means veterans can be on the practice squad."

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

This means nothing. What do you expect him to tell the media, the culture sucks, the guys aren't buying in, and Matt is a dumbass that doesn't have a clue?

I found it interesting that it was unsolicited. Instead of  answering the question, and  he complimented the coach.   It was totally unnecessary.

I didn't compliment him.  Fit did.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

"NFL teams will be able to have 16 players on their practice squad. The number went up from 14 during the COVID019 pandemic. Ten of the 16 players can have no more than two accrued seasons. The other six players don't have any limitations, which means veterans can be on the practice squad."

Thanks 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Rhule has a history that shows Year 3 is the year where his program results in wins.

As had been discussed multiple times, Rhule previous year three improvements were more about the college recruiting cycle. That doesn't exist in the NFL.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, KSpan said:

He still failed to address the question in any way. Having guys that like each other and that 'fot the culture' is great and grand but doesn't amount to jack if the culture' doesn't equate to winning games... to date, Rhule has proven wholly ineffective in that key area. That's the litmus test.

You are right.  All that matters is winning. 

• Pie 1

Just now, trueblade said:

As had been discussed multiple times, Rhule previous year three improvements were more about the college recruiting cycle. That doesn't exist in the NFL.

This is a valid point.

I would acknowledge at the same time that there likely is roster improvement from last year to this year at least in some areas, offense for sure.

Defense? Less certain, but that's where we've spent most of our time building previously.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Year 3 was always the true 1st year of evaluation unless he had pulled an Urban Meyer. The Panthers were garbage under Rivera in Years 1 and 2. Rhule has a history that shows Year 3 is the year where his program results in wins.

If it's more of the same, Rhule will likely be fired.

Under Rivera those 2 years we had our QB and you could actually see progression.