• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Commies GameDay Thread

Zod

1 minute ago, Jared Patterson said:

That dudes a dumbass. 

I agree with both of you. Baker unfortunately is not a top 10 QB and I'm a Baker simp. At the same time the hatred for Baker is ridiculous in here. top 15 QB for someone who has had as many OC as years in the league is not bad at all.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

He is 4th string merely because Rhule won’t part with Sam or PJ today.  

it’s not that he isn’t good enough for 3rd string reps.  We have pointless bodies ahead of him.  89 and all sorts of folks have commented on his clear talent and how it stands out….and that he only needs reps/time.  Development.

Matt Rhule continues to struggle with simple things when looking at QB.   He should cut PJ today and name Baker the stater and actually rep people correctly.  It’s like the OL.  Rhule makes simple hard. 

so the cliff notes version of your post is : rhule is a moron

I can get on board with that

11 minutes ago, bruceleeroy said:

Normally I would at least listen to that - but now with how so many have declared Corral this amazing talent because he was first on the field.  He's a 3rd round talent.  That's it.

Corral played worse than many undrafted QBs in their rookie season with the 3rd team. You will find better QBs than Corral being cut by NFL teams in the coming weeks. 3rd round was a reach for Corral.

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Tbe said:

People put too much faith in the idea of ‘developing’ a QB.

The QB has to start from a certain baseline to have any hope of turning into a starter let alone an elite player (which is what we all want).

The examples of coaching a turd into a HOF’er is extremely rare.

Draft a QB every year until a guy shows he has ‘it’. No need to spend 2-3 years ‘developing’ a guy.

Well put. Some teams seem to understand this new approach, while the majority of franchises still believe in the "develop" 2010s mindset.

Edited by Castavar

5 minutes ago, Tbe said:

The QB has to start from a certain baseline to have any hope of turning into a starter let alone an elite player (which is what we all want).

Draft a QB every year until a guy shows he has ‘it’. No need to spend 2-3 years ‘developing’ a guy.

Is this serious? The best QB’s in the game right now were all developed… Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers…

So what.. someone came out with a study about developing QB’s… I’ll tell you right now that the study is inaccurate because that assumes that every QB is on a level playing field and throwing to the same receivers and has the same protection, and the same offensive line.

QB’s can certainly be developed… now it’s rare for a player to go from bagging groceries to throwing TD’s in the Super Bowl but this idea that players are what they are when the enter the NFL is foolish. If we were looking at everyone’s in result then we wouldn’t need coaches.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

2 minutes ago, bruceleeroy said:

I'm not going to address you again because you can't comprehend what is being said.  THE ACTUAL STATS BACK WHAT I AM SAYING NOT YOUR OVERLY EMOTIONAL OPINION.  Got it?  Good.  It's clear to anyone smarter than a rock that the narrative formed by the Browns about Baker was nonsense.  Now move along.

what stats back up that baker is a top 10 qb?

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

preach it

Corral wins with his head.......literally

He’ll be fine as a QB, what happens against third-stringers doesn’t make much of a difference and I continue to maintain he’s not being adequately developed. 

But dude will get a couple more games to show some improvement. 

5 minutes ago, bruceleeroy said:

I'm not going to address you again because you can't comprehend what is being said.  THE ACTUAL STATS BACK WHAT I AM SAYING NOT YOUR OVERLY EMOTIONAL OPINION.  Got it?  Good.  It's clear to anyone smarter than a rock that the narrative formed by the Browns about Baker was nonsense.  Now move along.

Bro everyone thinks you are a dumbass not just me... You keep thinking a guy who has led the league in picks 3 years in a row, was called immature by teammates and coaches, had the best roster in the league, was pushed out by an organization that gave 200 mill guaranteed to a sex offender just to have to pay to get rid of the dude is a "top 10 QB." Absolute clown. Please delete your account. 

Edited by Jared Patterson

6 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Agree 100% but I'm all out of pie.  I like the American Idol approach to QBs.

3 minutes ago, panik said:

I agree with both of you. Baker unfortunately is not a top 10 QB and I'm a Baker simp. At the same time the hatred for Baker is ridiculous in here. top 15 QB for someone who has had as many OC as years in the league is not bad at all.

Agreed. I don't mind if people like Baker and are pulling for him, but calling him "top 10" is wild. I wouldn't say he is top 32, but I realize some don't agree w that.

Unfortunately missed the first half of the game and came in when PJ was playing. I dunno if it was the caliber of who he was playing against but he looked a bit better. Maybe he knows he is going to be cut and is trying to make some convincing tape. That said, no one should have expected Corrall to come in and light it up based on who was playing with him. I saw a kid who was a bit jittery, hadn't adjusted to the speed of the game yet, and was overall just trying to do to much. All of that is coachable. All that said, give the kid a break and some time. He just might turn out to be something special. 

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Is this serious? The best QB’s in the game right now were all developed… Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers…

So what.. someone came out with a study about developing QB’s… I’ll tell you right now that the study is inaccurate because that assumes that every QB is on a level playing field and throwing the same receivers and has the same protection, and the same offensive line.

QB’s can certainly be developed… now it’s rare for a player to go from bagging groceries to throwing TD’s in the Super Bowl but this idea that players are what they are when the enter the NFL is foolish. If we were looking at everyone’s in result then we wouldn’t need coaches.

Allen played out of the gate

Mahomes could have played his rookie year, there are articles during it which the vets had their jaws on the ground with what he was doing

Rodgers was damn near 20 years ago

there are exceptions to the rule but mainly if you can play get your ass out there and play.  Do yourself a favor and go down the nfl qb roster and see how many started out of the gate in their first year

• Pie 1