• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral heading to IR

Floppin

Corral’s injury is a direct result of Rhule’s piss poor handling of him. If he’s was not ready or not what we thought he was, fine. You bring the kid along slowly, you carefully develope him. But to not give Corral any reps to speak of and then throw him in the fire with the 3-4 string OL is shameful. Matt Rhule can fug off an go eat a big bag of donkey d!cks. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Floppin said:

I feel like it's pretty obvious that Baker was not Rhule's decision. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this sham of a QB competition. I think once it was realized that Corral wasn't ready that Fitt (possibly with Tepper's greenlight) went and got Baker and now Rhule is being a crybaby bitch about it because Sam is his guy. 

This is also why there's the reports of drama in the locker room about the competition and why Fitterer was obviously annoyed with the competition while speaking about it during his in booth interview during the game.

Before we go here let's wait and see how he plays this weeks reps..  If Baker is getting the bulk in practice and 1 series in the Game.. We know he is just playing this up to cuddle Darnold and keep hope alive for a trade scenario.. but he knows who the starter is..

If he is still doing the split poo.. Rhule is completely being a bitch about Darnold and can't evaluate or read the room.. And we're headed to some BS disfunction due to Rhule's ego...

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

IMO the timing suggests otherwise. Seems like we wanted to assess where Corral was in his development to see if he could legit compete for the job and when it was clear he was nowhere near ready then we shifted gears to go get Mayfield.

They were looking at Mayfield before they ever drafted Corral, before they even knew they would have a chance to draft him.

And realistically, minicamp wouldn't have presented a sufficient opportunity to evaluate a rookie.

13 minutes ago, Floppin said:

I feel like it's pretty obvious that Baker was not Rhule's decision. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this sham of a QB competition. I think once it was realized that Corral wasn't ready that Fitt (possibly with Tepper's greenlight) went and got Baker and now Rhule is being a crybaby bitch about it because Sam is his guy. 

This is also why there's the reports of drama in the locker room about the competition and why Fitterer was obviously annoyed with the competition while speaking about it during his in booth interview during the game.

Was Corral Rhules decision? Doesn't look like it. Not one bit. Actually the opposite.

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Before we go here let's wait and see how he plays this weeks reps..  If Baker is getting the bulk in practice and 1 series in the Game.. We know he is just playing this up to cuddle Darnold and keep hope alive for a trade scenario.. but he knows who the starter is..

If he is still doing the split poo.. Rhule is completely being a bitch about Darnold and can't evaluate or read the room.. And we're headed to some BS disfunction due to Rhule's ego...

Oh I think he realizes the writing is on the wall and he's going to have to start Baker and that was obvious in the reps during the shared practices last week. That doesn't change my point though.

8 minutes ago, Billy Love said:

Corral’s injury is a direct result of Rhule’s piss poor handling of him. If he’s was not ready or not what we thought he was, fine. You bring the kid along slowly, you carefully develope him. But to not give Corral any reps to speak of and then throw him in the fire with the 3-4 string OL is shameful. Matt Rhule can fug off an go eat a big bag of donkey d!cks. 

Again how is it the coaching staff fault that they give him reps and he gets hurt getting the reps ppl wanted him to get??

15 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Let's say Baker wasn't his decision, maybe Fitts. Does that explain Sam. PJ? Teddy?

4 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Was Corral Rhules decision? Doesn't look like it. Not one bit. Actually the opposite.

If you watch the draft day footage he agreed with the pick but you could tell it was just because he agreed with the positional value. I think Darnold has been his guy the whole time while everyone else realized that he wasn't the answer. And then once it was confirmed during minicamp and OTAs that Corral also wasn't, for this year anyhow, they got serious about acquiring Baker.

Edited by Floppin
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Again how is it the coaching staff fault that they give him reps and he gets hurt getting the reps ppl wanted him to get??

He didn't get hurt in live practice because he didn't get any. Only imaginary. I'm not sure about the technology, but I hear it's going places, like to the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Oh I think he realizes the writing is on the wall and he's going to have to start Baker and that was obvious in the reps during the shared practices last week. That doesn't change my point though.

We will see. Like you said he maybe talking this and that.. But his actions are showing that even he sees Baker is the starter..

1 minute ago, Floppin said:

If you watch the draft day footage he agreed with the pick but you could tell it was just because he agreed with the positional value. I think Darnold has been his guy the whole time while everyone else realized that he wasn't the answer. And then once it was confirmed during minicamp and OTAs they got serious about acquiring Baker.

Yeah Rhule probably begged to let Sam have one last shot in OTA's to prove himself, and Fitt was like I've seen enough I'm getting Baker. I get the feeling Fitt isn't trying to lose his job for the sake of making Rhule happy anymore. I'd love for him to have control over certain roster cuts, can't trust Rhule with some of his nepotism guys that shouldn't be on NFL rosters

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1