• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best guess WR And Secondary breakdown..

WOW!!

TMJ better start being on the field soon or he has a chance of being cut next year. I doubt they cut him this year. He was my favorite pick of last years draft but his injury history was always a concern. Has the talent to be a #1 type of receiver.

6 foot 2 200lb and runs a 4.4. I remember that game where he had 230+ yards and 3 tds in college. 

Edited by TheRumGone

8 hours ago, top dawg said:

I kind of like the Wright kid over Zylstra and Kirkwood. 

Zylstra is kind of a known commodity and proven on the field. Wright, Kirkwood, Saunders are all unproven in real games so I think those guys all end up on PS.  

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

TMJ better start being on the field soon or he has a chance of being cut next year. I doubt they cut him this year. He was my favorite pick of last years draft but his injury history was always a concern. Has the talent to be a #1 type of receiver.

6 foot 2 200lb and runs a 4.4. I remember that game where he had 230+ yards and 3 tds in college. 

This is just year 2 for him. I'd hope we can get some draft capital for him. I could definitely see him being traded next year. They do seem like their patience with him is running thin for some reason.

9 hours ago, top dawg said:

Easy PS stash with Wright, no need to burn a 53 man spot. The same with Saunders and Rambo.  It comes down to Kirkwood and Zlystra, we won't keep both unless we cut someone unexpected.  I mean, if Shi Smith can solidify return duties we don't need to keep Roberts.  Dude is 34 years-old on a cheap one-year deal for return duties.  He's not here for his WR skills.  Outside of P, K and LS I don't like keeping "specialty" dudes that eat up another roster spot.

10 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

I'm stealing @Icege's list and modifing it...

WR: DJ Moore. Robbie Anderson, Terrace Marshall Jr, Shi Smith, Rashard Higgins, Brandon Zylstra, maybe CJ Saunders, but I doubt it. I think 6 is it.

DBs: Jaycee Horn, Donte Jackson, CJ Henderson, Keith Taylor Jr, Myles Hartsfield, STO, Jeremy Chinn, Xavier Woods, Sean Chandler, Kenny Robinson. I don't think we carry more than 10 dbs. I think Hayes may make it over Keith Taylor.

I think these bottom guys are really going to depend on their ST performance.

Hayes over Taylor Jr all day everyday...

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, 45catfan said:

If we only keep two QBs, then perhaps we will keep either an extra WR or TE.  Zlystra will find a spot.  Kirkwood possibly.  Other than that, there are some guys that may land on the practice squad.

Slightly off subject, but let's go over to the OL.  The first 8 are locks...but we usually keep 9 or 10.  Who do you got?  I mean, between Daley, Jordan, Brown, Pleasants, Horton and Tecklenburg, I would rather not keep any of them.  I'd prefer to cut all of these guys and search the waiver wire for another guy or two.  If forced to keep one, I guess Daley would stick around.

Locks: Ickey, Moton, Bozeman, Corbett, BC, Elflein, Erving, Mays.  Yes, Mays is a lock. 

I don't think Erving is a lock.  With Mays and BC versatility, I think Erving is out.  Tecklenburg, Jordan, and possibly a waiver wire pickup will round out your other locks.

3 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

I don't think Erving is a lock.  With Mays and BC versatility, I think Erving is out.  Tecklenburg, Jordan, and possibly a waiver wire pickup will round out your other locks.

He can play multiple positions, which is key and one other major reason is this:

image.png.553db2b413a1fa3b8ee27e9d1781474a.png

That is the 6th highest cap figure on the entire team.  Like Darnold, it makes more sense to keep him as backup than cut him.

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, top dawg said:

He caught my eye too in a very heterosexual way.  I am confident that he makes the PS.  I think they go with Zylstra due to his experience, but if you go by the preseason, Wright was impressive.

47 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Hayes is too short and we just picked him up off the streets.  If the staff is intrigued by him, they can sign him to the practice squad after cuts.  Nobody is picking him up on waivers.

If that’s the case, I’m fine with practice squad. But Taylor Jr? Count me as unimpressed. 

TMJ has struggled but he's not getting cut.

WR locks: DJ, Robbie, Shi, TMJ.

Likely: Higgins (chemistry with Baker is there and he's had a solid camp, but I don't think he's 100% a lock).

That's 5. We probably keep 6 in which case Zylstra, Kirkwood and Saunders are fighting for the last spot. Wright has looked pretty good but based on rep counts he's headed to the PS. I think Kirkwood nabs the last spot, although Zylstra is a good bet too. Saunders hasn't done much of late and is probably going back to the PS. 

Edited by t96
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

He can play multiple positions, which is key and one other major reason is this:

image.png.553db2b413a1fa3b8ee27e9d1781474a.png

That is the 6th highest cap figure on the entire team.  Like Darnold, it makes more sense to keep him as backup than cut him.

Yea, I understand the salary ramifications.  But he really isn't very good, and they can save 2m.  With so many multi-positional players such as BC, Mays, Bozeman, Elf, etc, his flexibility really isn't as big a selling point.  Unless he is some sort of important leader in the locker room, I think he's gone.  

I wondered why they re-configured Elflein's compensation and not Erving's.  I think the reason is barring injury, he will be cut.