• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Preseason Week 3 other games

Panthercougar68

42 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, Maye and the freshman RBs look like the real deal. 

I don't want to lose Bly's recruiting abilities but these kids just don't seem to be developing under his coaching.

I didn't watch the entire game last night but I did see Maye's first few series. Was pretty impressed...

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Panthers are the only team I've seen a credible source tie to Mims.

Rumors have been posted that the Cowboys, Browns and Bears are interested but I've yet to see any of those confirmed by a reliable report.

Well, I guess that means that a 2nd, 4th, and 6th might be able to get the deal done.

3 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

He’s for sure looking to run but I think a lot of it has to do with the OL. Specifically yesterday, the Cardinals were feasting in the backfield. The difference is that Willis is used to that kind of pressure and can escape it. Stat wise, Liberty’s OL was the second worst OL in college football last year.

He’s also drastically improved in just three weeks of game action.

OK that's an opinion, but I suspect that if Tannehill falters you will see Willis make his 1st read and run afterward.  The guy IMO has a way to go before he's ready to be QB1. 

14 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

OK that's an opinion, but I suspect that if Tannehill falters you will see Willis make his 1st read and run afterward.  The guy IMO has a way to go before he's ready to be QB1. 

Not really, an opinion, everything I’ve said is backed up by pretty much all of the talking heads.

There’s literally a video of him already going to his third read and hitting his receiver for a TD…

Is he ready to take over as QB1, probably not, but all the talking heads are agreeing that he’s much further along than they thought he’d by right now…. And he’s much further along than Corral.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

2 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Facts, everyone who said he wouldn’t be able to run on NFL defense can eat a big bag of crow.

I think one forgotten thing here is that in college, the hashmarks are much wider, essentially taking away one side of the field. In the NFL, they are much narrower and it forces NFL defenses to play the entire field. Because of this, Malik literally has the whole field in front of him as his track.

I think you are going a bit far.... Wait to see if he can run when he's playing a defense actually gameplaning on containment.... It's also noteworthy He's taking off on scrambles pretty exclusively no designed QB runs.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I think you are going a bit far.... Wait to see if he can run when he's playing a defense actually gameplaning on containment.... It's also noteworthy He's taking off on scrambles pretty exclusively no designed QB runs.

I’ll go out on a limb and say that if a team plays contain then he’ll hit his receivers just like he did yesterday. Willis is a good enough of a passer that he can pick a defense a part if they don’t get pressure with a front four and drop their LB’s back in coverage or as spy’s. He’s grown already, probably more than any other rookie QB, there’s no reason why he won’t continue to get better.

Edited by MillionDollarCam