• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Am I crazy or has Lovett out played Chuba?

Zod

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Hubbard really needs to go. His hands are terrible and you don't make it in this league with terrible hands. 

Baker likes to work fast, Chuba has track speed but he's way to slow to react in the moment for check downs and run blocking. Plus he seemed way too cocky in post game interviews last year after loss after loss. Rhule gave him like 80% of preseason snaps last year, Abdullah came in with no knowledge of the playbook and looked like an upgrade

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I've wondered for a while if Fitts is drafting the guys he wants or if he's drafting guys to fit Rhule's team building philosophy. It just seems like we're focused on getting the best prospect instead of the best player for what we need. 

TBH, outside the first round it seems like we are making a very Hurney-esque effort. We seem to be using later round "swing for the fences" strategy of recruiting outlier athletes. 

I'm not anti-high caliber athlete but it does seem like we often prioritize measurables over playing ability.  

5 hours ago, top dawg said:

Lovett was running against scrubs. He's not RB2 material. Don't get it twisted, Chuba has feet for hands (like someone said in the game thread), and I'm tired of that experiment too. Like I said in another thread, we should've kept Abdullah.

Or how about Mike Davis? Maybe we could have kept Mike Davis, who had better running ability AND the pass catching ability of Abdullah?

Normally I would be all-in on bringing in a draft pick to bolster depth but Hubbard wasn't the guy, quite obviously. 

So, we got rid of two productive veterans for a Matt Rhule's wife experiment. What more really needs to be said?

6 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I've wondered for a while if Fitts is drafting the guys he wants or if he's drafting guys to fit Rhule's team building philosophy. It just seems like we're focused on getting the best prospect instead of the best player for what we need. 

You bet Fitt had more say this year than last. Last year Rhule had major input in the draft. This year they just left Rhules input for the late rounds. Fitt had to select someone from Baylor/Temple.

55 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

TBH, outside the first round it seems like we are making a very Hurney-esque effort. We seem to be using later round "swing for the fences" strategy of recruiting outlier athletes. 

I'm not anti-high caliber athlete but it does seem like we often prioritize measurables over playing ability.  

I mean Chinn, shi, Brady, Brandon smith, Keith Taylor, and tommy tremble seem to be solid mid round pickups.

Edited by TheCasillas

I want to be clear: I think Chuba is a solid if unspectacular runner, who has the ability to make some things happen, particularly if he can get to the second level. He ran hard behind a bad line, but...his hands are anesthetized. You can't be taken seriously in the NFL as a stone-handed two-down back. 

Edited by top dawg

8 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I want to be clear: I think Chuba is a solid if unspectacular runner, who has the ability to make some things happen, particularly if he can get to the second level. He ran hard behind a bad line, but...his hands are anesthetized. You can't be taken seriously in the NFL as a stone-handed two-down back. 

Chubba is not a power back, he's not a 3rd down back and he's not overly elusive. He has one thing, straight line speed.  If he gets the corner on the outside or the OL provides a decent lane for him to hit, yeah, Chubba looks good.  However, In the NFL, one-trick ponies don't last too long.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, top dawg said:

The thread title insinuates that Lovett is better than Chuba who is currently our RB2.

As for Lovett, I'm much more impressed with Spencer Brown. I'd think he could replace Chuba before Lovett.

Chubba was #2 until Forman arrived.  He's now 3.