• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Could Be our “Brees”

42 minutes ago, saX man said:

I hope we have success with him for the foreseeable future but it’s just so hard to accept that it means Rhule stays in the picture. He’s just so out of his depth and it will be true even if we do well. Coach & QB means everything. I’d love for this version of the team to surprise. The NFC is wide open if Stafford’s injuries linger and TB can’t sustain.

It is possible for a coach to learn from his mistakes, adapt and improve over time. Was he completely overwhelmed and out of his depth the first 2 years? Absolutely. Does that mean he can never become a successful NFL head coach for us? No it does not. I’m actually optimistic from what we’ve seen from him and the team this year so far. Say we go 10-7, and make the wild card this year….would everyone killing him day in and day out admit that he’s getting better? Or nah?

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Jesus you folks have gone off the deep end with this Baker projections.  The dude hasn't played his first game with the Panthers and he's now a HOF worthy qb.

I'm already sick of hearing about him and he has yet to suit up for us.

I know man, poo. God forbid the fan base get excited about the first legit QB we’ve had in like 5 years. Everybody should just be quiet and miserable until we draft and develop a first round QB and Rhule gets fired. 

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

Drew Brees level is always running at close to 70% completion percentage. Please stop. He's way behind if he'd ever catch up to Brees. Baker has NEVER had a NFL career 67%+ average. Brees is other level.

The SEC isn't the NFL but maybe the next hardest but Matt Corral out up 72% and 69% completion percentage the last two seasons.

That was the closest you were going to get to Brees like accuracy in this locker room., but that guy didn't matter.

Screenshot_20220828-131810~2.png

13 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Jesus you folks have gone off the deep end with this Baker projections.  The dude hasn't played his first game with the Panthers and he's now a HOF worthy qb.

I'm already sick of hearing about him and he has yet to suit up for us.

I was very critical of the Baker signing, but I now have one foot on the bandwagon. We already know that we’re screwed out of a top 2023 pick, so why not hope Baker pans out?

1 minute ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

You’re comparing Baker’s current career to Brees’s full career. I compared Baker’s first 4 seasons vs Brees’s first 5. Baker has room for improvement 

He's nowhere near Brees level. Why are you so happy about leftovers?

7 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He's nowhere near Brees level. Why are you so happy about leftovers?

Wasn’t Brees the “leftover” from the Chargers? He was just simply stating they had a similar first 4 years if you look at the stats and then both went to another team. Their style/demeanor is way different and Brees went to Peyton’s Saints vs Rhule’s Panthers. Pretty big difference…

Edited by ForJimmy
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

43 minutes ago, joemac said:

It is possible for a coach to learn from his mistakes, adapt and improve over time. Was he completely overwhelmed and out of his depth the first 2 years? Absolutely. Does that mean he can never become a successful NFL head coach for us? No it does not. I’m actually optimistic from what we’ve seen from him and the team this year so far. Say we go 10-7, and make the wild card this year….would everyone killing him day in and day out admit that he’s getting better? Or nah?

He can improve for sure and I’ll support him if he does. I’m not of the opinion he’s this unchangeable coach but he is who he is to a certain degree.

I will not forget how over the moon and back many current anti-Rhule were after we went 3-0 last year and they changed in the other direction. People who supported him lost hope but it doesn’t mean hope doesn’t exist.

Winning cures all. Hoping for the best outcome—he becomes a great coach and Baker balls out. But as things stand from my perspective, he is currently and still not an legit coach. I’d prefer not to wait on that in what is year 3 but I’m not just all off the rails against him.

Edited by saX man
  • Pie 1

spacer.png

I don’t mind him, but Baker has a long way to go and even if he gets there, the odds of him maintaining it for 15+ years is astronomically low.

But he already has steps 1 & 2 down…

How to be Drew Brees

1.) Be short

2.) Make cringey *** commercials

3.) ???

4.) Profit!

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1