• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Could Be our “Brees”

32 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He's nowhere near Brees level. Why are you so happy about leftovers?

2004, Brees’s best year as a Charger his completion % was 65.5.  He obviously improved on that in NO

2018, Bakers best completion % was 63.8. Granted, it has dipped and gone back up again since then.

Forget about Rhule for now, are you telling me McAdoo couldn’t do jackshit to help Baker improve his game this year?

And I don’t want to hear anymore bullshit about Matt Corral

Elijah Cummings Come On Man GIF

Edited by Move the Panthers to Raleigh
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

2004, Brees’s best year as a Charger his completion % was 65.5.  He obviously improved on that in NO

2018, Bakers best completion % was 63.8. Granted, it has dipped and gone back up again since then.

Forget about Rhule for now, are you telling me McAdoo couldn’t do jackshit to help Baker improve his game this year?

And I don’t want to hear anymore bullshit about Matt Corral

Elijah Cummings Come On Man GIF

I just ignored him, the constant Corral stuff is getting really old

• Pie 3

Those saying Bree's completion pct was better than Baker's need to remember Brees played in San Diego and a dome in New Orleans.  Baker spent the past 4 seasons playing in much worse weather that definitely affected the passing game and the only consistent wideout he had was Jarvis - who has great hands, but is slow as molasses.   His completion pct at OU was 69.8.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, topdaug said:

Those saying Bree's completion pct was better than Baker's need to remember Brees played in San Diego and a dome in New Orleans.  Baker spent the past 4 seasons playing in much worse weather that definitely affected the passing game and the only consistent wideout he had was Jarvis - who has great hands, but is slow as molasses.   His completion pct at OU was 69.8.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Wasn’t Brees the “leftover” from the Chargers? He was just simply stating they had a similar first 4 years if you look at the stats and then both went to another team. Their style/demeanor is way different and Brees went to Peyton’s Saints vs Rhule’s Panthers. Pretty big difference…

Brees was a Charger for two years if I remember correctly. Baker was a four year Brown. They had plenty of time to see if he was the next Brees or not.

Spoiler alert: ...

1 hour ago, topdaug said:

So you are saying is that Matt Rhule is the coach to improve Baker to a Brees level QB?

Rhule the QB Whisperer has already whiffed on Teddy/Sam/Cam/Sam/Corrals development, what makes you think this is a better offense that Cleveland? So you expect turf to improve Bakers game to a career 65%+ passer? That's Tom Brady and Drew Brees level. All of a sudden after four years in the NFL Baker is going to improve.

What is here to help his improvement? Again, he couldn't improve Teddy/Sam/Cam/Sam/PJ/Corral why is Baker any different or better?

Spoiler alert guys: don't drink the Kool Aid 

He was top 5 during the last half of 2020.  They almost beat the Chiefs the first game of 2021 and then he got hurt in the beginning of the second game of 2021 and played hurt all year.  Any talk about his 2021 play should have huge asterisk.  He most likely would have done at least as well as back half of 2020 if he hadn't gotten hurt.  He tried to play through it which was the wrong decision and probably incorrectly believed the Browns wouldn't hold his play against him due to the injury.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think people have used revisionist history to make Jake seem like a guy who got by on nothing more than will and moxie. That wasn't exactly accurate.

I think he also won the farthest throw competition that day as well but I cant remember for sure.  If he didn't he was up there with the furthest.

• Pie 1