• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Practice squad signings

Mr. Scot

How is this man CJ Saunders even on the practice squad? I remember he looked like a little kid out there on a punt return last year and literally almost got killed out there..... What is Rhule's obsession w this guy? I guess he is just a hard worker and good locker room guy, but he's no better than the local accountant across the street. Let's not forget Rhule had this man playing over Shi all summer and would've cut Shi had Saunders not got cut. What an embarrassment. 

Edited by Jared Patterson

15 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

How is this man CJ Saunders even on the practice squad? I remember he looked like a little kid out there on a punt return last year and literally almost got killed out there..... What is Rhule's obsession w this guy? I guess he is just a hard worker and good locker room guy, but he's no better than the local accountant across the street. Let's not forget Rhule had this man playing over Shi all summer and would've cut Shi had Saunders not got cut. What an embarrassment. 

Are you always this pissed off about Practice Squad signings?  Saunders by all accounts had a very strong training camp to where many of us thought he was poised to make the 53-man roster.  So if you're shocked that he made the Practice Squad, then you clearly weren't paying any attention to any of the practice threads where reporters were continuously tweeting about Saunders catching everything thrown his way.

He also returned a punt against the Bills for 23 yards so I'm not sure why you're referencing a punt return from last preseason.  I couldn't care less if he looks like a kid out there if he's giving us 23-yard returns.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Are you always this pissed off about Practice Squad signings?  Saunders by all accounts had a very strong training camp to where many of us thought he was poised to make the 53-man roster.  So if you're shocked that he made the Practice Squad, then you clearly weren't paying any attention to any of the practice threads where reporters were continuously tweeting about Saunders catching everything thrown his way.

He also returned a punt against the Bills for 23 yards so I'm not sure why you're referencing a punt return from last preseason.  I couldn't care less if he looks like a kid out there if he's giving us 23-yard returns.

No. I just know he's only here b/c Rhule has a weird obsession with the dude and other people deserve to be in his spot making money. I don't really care because no practice squad receiver has much of a chance anyway, just want to know what's up between him and Rhule. And he never returned a punt for more than negative yards lol. 

Edited by Jared Patterson
  • Poo 1

Just now, Jared Patterson said:

No. I just know he's only here b/c Rhule has a weird obsession with the dude and other people deserve to be in his spot making money. I don't really care because no practice squad receiver has much of a chance anyway, just want to know what's up between him and Rhule.

CJ is Matt Rhule's love child...

• Flames 1