• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper reevaluating team partnerships?

PhillyB

3 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

The naming rights contract for the stadium is up at the end of this year I believe. I don’t know when it expires but it’s soon.

I don't know why they even bother with a survey.  It will go to the highest bidder pending it's just not something that the NFL as a whole would be against. 

• Beer 1

Just now, PanthersGTI said:

Who cares what corporation pays to put their name on the stadium? You think I'm a big fan of Bank of America?

my criteria is simple.

Is it easy to say and not embarrassing.  Outside of that, I could care less. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

If it existed before 2018, Tepper wants it gone.

I've wondered whether perhaps the fact that the Panthers were a relatively young team without much history or tradition played into his decision to bid on them.

Tepper may have believed that he could basically take the team and reshape it however he wanted and nobody would care.

32 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't know why they even bother with a survey.  It will go to the highest bidder pending it's just not something that the NFL as a whole would be against. 

Because it is cheap and easy fan engagement without any real commitment that gets fan data that they can use...if they really give a fug which is debatable at this point.