• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Camp Confidential pt.2 Tomorrow

TheCasillas

6 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Is that Buffalo does? Is that what KC does? Is that what LAR does? I don't think so.  

I'm just worried Rhule is still in the Foxball mindset. I'd really love to see or hear something from him that makes me think otherwise.

I don’t think that’s a fair argument. Rhule hasn’t had a QB like that. Hopefully Baker shows he can be close to that good.

That being said, I think people are taking the “run the ball” too literally.

You want long possessions on offense, short possessions on defense. 

You can literally run the ball, or “Brady run” the ball through short throws and YAC.

Its still a game of T.O.P. and a team that controls the clock still will win more than they lose. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Making Rhule out to have “old thinking” in this regard is silly, and just a reach to hate on Rhule. Maybe that’s because he has worked to fix things that were topics of hate before (o-line, QB, OC, GM duties etc).

I don't believe in run/pass balance per se or emphasis of one over the other.  You want to be able to do both very well to attack your opponents' weakness.  Focusing on the run against the Giants, who had one of the worst pass D's in the league because Sam's play was awful is not a situation you want to be in.  This year will be different.

• Pie 4

Just now, poundaway said:

I don't believe in run/pass balance per se or emphasis of one over the other.  You want to be able to do both very well to attack your opponents' weakness.  Focusing on the run against the Giants, who had one of the worst pass D's in the league because Sam's play was awful is not a situation you want to be in.  This year will be different.

Agreed. Move the damn chains. If you can punch them in the mouth with the run game awesome.

I’m confident that Baker won’t be a liability the last two QB’s were.

Not just the passing game improves, but the run game opens up when the QB is a threat. 

• Pie 3

27 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Is that Buffalo does? Is that what KC does? Is that what LAR does? I don't think so.  

I'm just worried Rhule is still in the Foxball mindset. I'd really love to see or hear something from him that makes me think otherwise.

I haven't watched yet. I won't be able to later today. So with that out of the way...

Running the ball is crucial. Having a deep ball is crucial as well. If you don't have a deep ball, they will crowd the box. The defense has to be scared of getting beat deep. If you can't run the ball, they'll play cover 4 and shut you down over the top, blanket your receivers and blitz every down. They have to be scared of you gashing them on the ground.

You have to make the defense pay both ways. You light them up in the air until they take it away. Then you run it down their throats. Football is a lot of rock paper scissors, like the way you use a screen pass to beat a blitz. Anyway, you can't play rock paper scissors if you only bring paper and scissors to the game.

Just now, Wundrbread33 said:

You are hoping he isn’t good so we get someone better?

I hope we skip that step, and that he just ends up being better. 

Alex smith was good on the chiefs. They still drafted Mahomes because they were looking for elite. We should be doing the same. It’ll be a shock if baker becomes elite. He’s a decent qb.

• Pie 5

57 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

I haven't watched yet. I won't be able to later today. So with that out of the way...

Running the ball is crucial. Having a deep ball is crucial as well. If you don't have a deep ball, they will crowd the box. The defense has to be scared of getting beat deep. If you can't run the ball, they'll play cover 4 and shut you down over the top, blanket your receivers and blitz every down. They have to be scared of you gashing them on the ground.

You have to make the defense pay both ways. You light them up in the air until they take it away. Then you run it down their throats. Football is a lot of rock paper scissors, like the way you use a screen pass to beat a blitz. Anyway, you can't play rock paper scissors if you only bring paper and scissors to the game.

Rams were ranked 25th and the Bengals ranked 23rd in rushing yards last year. KC was ranked 16th. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, trueblade said:

My concern on that front is that if the defense isn't stout, we could find ourselves needing to score a lot of points.

Is a team with a "Foxball" mindset going to be capable of doing that?

8 hours ago, trueblade said:

I mean yeah. They still run the ball. Josh Allen Runs a ton. Chiefs RB by committee and mahomes will run plenty. LA definitely runs.

This comment is kind of dumb. Those teams have balance. All the best teams do. Always have. Always will. You cant be a great passing team without being good in the run game.