• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reasons for cautious optimism?

micnificent28

The NFL staff around him,  plus Fitterer , will make this team better.   

Rhule has been a disaster on game day  no need to revisit why I say that…we all know it…we just have to  hope on game day, he listens to his staff.

I know of not one NFL HC that he is better than.

as for optimism, why not.  

Having a serviceable QB makes all things better in the NFL 

Rhule is the reason I am not optimistic about this team. I think everything else it set up nicely for this to be a good team, but I've seen nothing that would indicate he knows how to win.

If he gets out of the way and let's his coaches run it, they have a chance, but I don't trust Rhule.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Rhule is the reason I am not optimistic about this team. I think everything else it set up nicely for this to be a good team, but I've seen nothing that would indicate he knows how to win.

If he gets out of the way and let's his coaches run it, they have a chance, but I don't trust Rhule.

Definitely want to make it to the playoffs but like you said, Rhule will find a way to fug that scenario up. I want him gone. Can't have it both ways I guess.

3 minutes ago, Icege said:

There's plenty of reasons to be optimistic or pessimistic; it's just a matter of what you choose to be at this point.

Personally, I prefer to have a good time. Some folks prefer to be miserable. At this point, it's up to you. 🙂

Unfortunately the Panthers constantly disappoining me have made being their fan not much fun anymore. I haven't 100% given up, but these last few year have made it tough and I'm almost at the point I just want to find something else that won't be a constant disappointment. I'm giving them this year....unless they have a deep playoff run or they fire Rhule and replace him with someone who isn't going to have to take 5 years to figure out how to win, I'm probably going to move on.

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, rayzor said:

If you need your head coach to "get out of the way" in order to be successful, why is he your head coach?

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you need your head coach to "get out of the way" in order to be successful, why is he your head coach?

He's supposed to be a good leader. A good leader would do that. A good leader gets people on his team (more speaking about the coaching/leadership team) that can do their job well (hopefully better than you can do their job), give them some direction, and let them do their job. Let them figure out the best way to get it done and you get out of the way and trust the people you've put on your leadership to to get to the destination/goal you were pointing towards.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

He's supposed to be a good leader. A good leader would do that. A good leader gets people on his team (more speaking about the coaching/leadership team) that can do their job well (hopefully better than you can do their job), give them some direction, and let them do their job. Let them figure out the best way to get it done and you get out of the way and trust the people you've put on your leadership to to get to the destination/goal you were pointing towards.

I get all that, but as an NFL head coach you're still the guy in charge of what happens on gameday.

If you can't contribute something to, for lack of a better term, the process, what is your value?

• Beer 1

41 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

I don't think our depth is notably different than most teams. Very few would have notable depth across the board.

I would say overall roster is probably bottom third of the NFL. But we are a bad team that has been rebuilding for three seasons. That's kind of the lot we have for the moment.

The important thing is that it appears to be improved over the roster we fielded in 2020. Now THAT was a bad team.