• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will David Tepper admit he made a mistake when he finally fires Matt Rhule?

hepcat

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

Tepper totally gets how he is perceived.  He admits to getting on social media and twitter to read about himself and the Panthers. 

I'd normally call that a mistake.

In his case though, it's probably not a bad thing.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Disagree he doesn’t owe us an explanation. If he fired him after last season, sure. Why did he keep him another season when it’s obvious nothing is moving in the right direction

I mean....we don't own the team. He owns the team. It's his franchise to do whatever he wishes with it.

You wouldn't go to your local Amazon warehouse and demand they reorganize the shelves and apologize to you, right? 

I don't care about any apologies. I don't get to take the "I'm sorry" tokens and cash them in for NFL wins.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Everyone loves to bring down the ego of an arrogant and outspoken billionaire. It’s engrained into the DNA of the plebs. 

I'd call it more of a practical matter in this case.

I don't care if he gets daily ego massages as long as he's not screwing up the team.

But he is, so...

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean....we don't own the team. He owns the team. It's his franchise to do whatever he wishes with it.

You wouldn't go to your local Amazon warehouse and demand they reorganize the shelves and apologize to you, right? 

I don't care about any apologies. I don't get to take the "I'm sorry" tokens and cash them in for NFL wins.

this. there is no benefit to anyone in him giving an explanation, much less in apologizing.

all that really matters is him firing rhule if this year isn't working out. as long as he does it i'm fine. 

this point in the year it's just about hoping for the best with what we've got. until we start losing i'm not going to dwell much on whether he should have been or should be fired. really just not much sense or sanity involved in fixating on it for the moment.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

this. there is no benefit to anyone in him giving an explanation, much less in apologizing.

all that really matters is him firing rhule if this year isn't working out. as long as he does it i'm fine. 

this point in the year it's just about hoping for the best with what we've got. until we start losing i'm not going to dwell much on whether he should have been or should be fired. really just not much sense or sanity involved in fixating on it for the moment.

Agreed.

I suspect we see a similar track towards last year. Early success and then as attrition begins to happen the wheels quickly fall off.

If Rhule doesn't get fired after that, I don't really know that I understand what Tepper is doing at all. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Agreed.

I suspect we see a similar track towards last year. Early success and then as attrition begins to happen the wheels quickly fall off.

If Rhule doesn't get fired after that, I don't really know that I understand what Tepper is doing at all. 

i'm on the same track. i think it will be better than last year, but only marginally. that schedule after the first few weeks, though, is brutal. going to have to be more than a couple teams taking some serious steps backwards to get beat by us.

that said... i'm not going to look for, expect, or even feel i am deserving of some kind of explanation or apology if that happens and tepper does or doesn't fire rhule. i'm just along for the ride.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i'm on the same track. i think it will be better than last year, but only marginally. that schedule after the first few weeks, though, is brutal. going to have to be more than a couple teams taking some serious steps backwards to get beat by us.

that said... i'm not going to look for, expect, or even feel i am deserving of some kind of explanation or apology if that happens and tepper does or doesn't fire rhule. i'm just along for the ride.

Yep. And under Rhule I really have no illusions about us being successful, so I am just an interested observer at this point.

I'm not going to invest too much energy into getting mad about team failures when we are set up to fail.