• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time to put the Elf on the shelf?

micnificent28

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Think the offensive line as a whole needs to be reshuffled. Ickey isn’t ready for the speed of the NFL yet, kick him inside until he gets the hang of things and kick Elflein to the bench.

Christensen - Ekwonu - Bozeman - Corbett - Moton

Icky also faced his toughest task of the season week 1…with a weak gameplan for the task. 

I don’t think Icky is the problem.  Think a good staff would have given him a full preseason of starter reps and then had a good plan for week 1. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Side note that's a cheap ass hit by Garrett on Baker after CMC is already running the ball

No call right? I like Mayfield but he should give it a rest with the trash talk after this. We already aren't going to get calls and we know how Cam wasn't old enough to get calls throughout his career.

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Icky also faced his toughest task of the season week 1…with a weak gameplan for the task. 

I don’t think Icky is the problem.  Think a good staff would have given him a full preseason of starter reps and then had a good plan for week 1. 

I wouldn’t say he’s (Ekwonu) the problem either but I think for Baker’s sake, it’s in his best interest if Ekwonu plays guard this year.

Garrett beat Ickey twice (consecutively) and our coaching staff continued to leave him on an island. I personally don’t trust our staff to make the right adjustments to help Ickey out and in turn, it could get Mayfield murdered.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah he looked solid until midway through the 3rd quarter for those 2 plays, then held up fine the rest of the game. Thats also considering we only ran like 15 times. Genius play calling

6 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Think the offensive line as a whole needs to be reshuffled. Ickey isn’t ready for the speed of the NFL yet, kick him inside until he gets the hang of things and kick Elflein to the bench.

Christensen - Ekwonu - Bozeman - Corbett - Moton

Let’s not delay ekwonus development anymore than we already have…

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I wouldn’t say he’s (Ekwonu) the problem either but I think for Baker’s sake, it’s in his best interest if Ekwonu plays guard this year.

Garrett beat Ickey twice (consecutively) and our coaching staff continued to leave him on an island. I personally don’t trust our staff to make the right adjustments to help Ickey out and in turn, it could get Mayfield murdered.

I mean seems like just getting clean snaps from C is to Baker would be where I would start. 

How many run plays did they go behind Icky?  I mean that is his early strength.  This staff just doesn’t seem to get stuff amateurs see.  Yet they have a pass heavy game 1 plan against a team that can’t throw and leave Icky on an island.  Garrett will embarrass a vet. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean seems like just getting clean snaps from C is to Baker would be where I would start. 

How many run plays did they go behind Icky?  I mean that is his early strength.  This staff just doesn’t seem to get stuff amateurs see.  Yet they have a pass heavy game 1 plan against a team that can’t throw and leave Icky on an island.  Garrett will embarrass a vet. 

Game plan was poor that’s for sure, ideally you run right at Garrett to neutralize his get off but whatever.. I’m not the coach.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah we only ran the ball 15 times total so that seems like a horrible strategy to start a game off with a new QB and rookie LT. Especially in the humidity, wear the D down a little and make them account for CMC before taking shots

5 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Game plan was poor that’s for sure, ideally you run right at Garrett to neutralize his get off but whatever.. I’m not the coach.

I don't know that running at Garrett is what you want to do either. Guy is a monster in that area as well. I think staying away from him and his side as much as possible is the call.

28 minutes ago, frankw said:

Yeah it's for sure Bakers fault and Elflein didn't at all suck total ass last season with other QB's too.

Elflein sucking ass last season is why I used context like “ironically” and “not that I expect that to continue”. My point is more about how bad our o-line looked in general today, that I wouldn’t be surprised if Elflein graded the best in protection out of our o-line (maybe him or BC). Most of our pressure seemingly came from the edge all game.

Elflein sucked last year but I don’t recall him botching a bunch of snaps like today, which is why I thought that might have been on Baker. Clearly at least one of those were on Elf though (the shotgun clip from a couple posts below yours). I just remember seeing replays on TV of fumbled snaps under center that didn’t seem like egregiously bad snaps or anything.

2 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I don't know that running at Garrett is what you want to do either. Guy is a monster in that area as well. I think staying away from him and his side as much as possible is the call.

Run blocking is what guys like Ickey do best. It's what he's most comfortable doing. It's his first game. Get him going doing what he does well before throwing a ton of pass blocking into the scheme.