• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moral victories vs. Pessimism

Wundrbread33

why would we be better off trying to replace rhule?

because maybe...just maybe... we won't be walking into a chess match after putting together a killer checkers gameplan. because maybe we wouldn't get outcoached by even the worst coaches in the league. 

i don't know. maybe...

• Pie 3

the big lebowski drinking GIF

Another year of bad football and I need to look for moral victories or forced optimism or wallow in pessimism? How about being a realist. I am looking at what the next staff has to work with and under going forward.

There is no hope for Rhule. He is a bust as an NFL HC. Them's facts.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 3

24 minutes ago, rayzor said:

why would we be better off trying to replace rhule?

because maybe...just maybe... we won't be walking into a chess match after putting together a killer checkers gameplan. because maybe we wouldn't get outcoached by even the worst coaches in the league. 

i don't know. maybe...

This isn’t a Rhule thread.

What we do has no impact on Sundays. If we could choose the coach/players that would be different, but this team is going to do what it does, and then we respond to that. 

What makes your choice of response better than the alternative? 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

/cdn-cgi/mirage/c1c32293073a2402fe51967c39e82f206d9c4b0d-1663082175-1800/1280/https://media0.giphy.com/media/uPeblKaa25xy8/200.gif

Another year of bad football and I need to look for moral victories or forced optimism or wallow in pessimism? How about being a realist. I am looking at what the next staff has to work with and under going forward.

There is no hope for Rhule. He is a bust as an NFL HC. Them's facts.

You don’t need to do anything. Seems like you are evaluating personnel and looking for flashes in young guys. That’s a way to create enjoyment watching the team. 

If you’ve been a fan for long enough, that’s how we have had to get through those 1-15 2-14 times. 

That’s basically all I’ve done as a hornets fan 😆 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

No one in here wants Rhule to fail 

he just does

his failures on the home field over 3 years are bloody atrocious 

no matter who the assistants are or the players, his decisions as HC are flat out awful 

think Sunday was bad, wait until the hard part of the schedule starts 

This. We'd be infinitely better off if Rhule was actually the answer.

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

What we do has no impact on Sundays. If we could choose the coach/players that would be different, but this team is going to do what it does, and then we respond to that. 

Unfortunately, every thread eventually turns into a Rhule thread.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

You don’t need to do anything. Seems like you are evaluating personnel and looking for flashes in young guys. That’s a way to create enjoyment watching the team. 

If you’ve been a fan for long enough, that’s how we have had to get through those 1-15 2-14 times. 

That’s basically all I’ve done as a hornets fan 😆 

It is my go to move in times like these, dream of a better future after the flush in a realistic way.

I feel for you, I only do the Panthers and if that ever ended then I will not be doing any other teams or sports. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

It is my go to move in times like these, dream of a better future after the flush in a realistic way.

I feel for you, I only do the Panthers and if that ever ended then I will not be doing any other teams or sports. 

Similar. 

In my 20’s I was so angry when it came to sports. Took everything personally. A loss would sometimes linger all week. 

I guess my agenda here is the hope that people on here will realize they don’t have a say/control what the team does. 

If you can’t find something to like about the Panthers, then you are fuging yourself over and wasting your time. Doesn’t mean you can’t get disappointed or upset. Just don’t be consumed by it.

I see a lot pain in here. Life is too short to give that much of a sh!t. 

Just my opinion though. 

• Beer 2
  • Flames 2

15 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

i see what you're asking now. wasn't completely clear in the OP. How to cope with the team as it is, right?

i have become less and less attached to this team, probably as a defense mechanism and at the very least as a way to cope with a team that has rhule as HC and is spinning it's wheels. for me, it is about rhule. i refuse to stay invested in a team invested in matt rhule. 

is my way of coping any better than any other. probably not and don't care if is. it's just how i am doing it. everyone has their own way and it's legitimate for them. not everyone believes that each should have  their own way. lots of people judging others for their way of coping. and that's fine too, but they should know that they don't get to pick how each fan responds to the team and that it's perfectly alright if others don't have the same mindset. 

and if you can't handle the difference in opinions or think it makes the place unbearable...there's a solution: stay away.  

and regarding the comment someone else made that all threads come back to rhule...he's kind of the center of the team and many believe he's the source of most problems. HC is kind of important. it's only natural that when  you are talking about elements of the team that isn't going well, that you look to the guy running it.

• Pie 7