• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tally of Everyone Who Believed in Rhule

PantherNation123

3 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

For me it was getting Teddy B. A new nfl coach who doesn’t take the QB position seriously was always a red flag. And surprise surprise Rhule hasn’t made be good decision at QB yet.

It was Darnold for me. I thought they learned their lesson when they cut bait on Teddy after one year and then they traded for Sam fuging Darnold. 😂

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It was Darnold for me. I thought they learned their lesson when they cut bait on Teddy after one year and then they traded for Sam fuging Darnold. 😂

For me getting Teddy wax inexcusable. You would think a new nfl coach would prioritize getting his guy even if it was a rookie from Temple but he didn’t. Treated it like any other position and it showed when we went after Darnold and even exercised Darnold’s option. From the get go Rhule was showing his ass but Tepper thinks it’s Rhule saying “hi” in French.

4 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

For me getting Teddy wax inexcusable. You would think a new nfl coach would prioritize getting his guy even if it was a rookie from Temple but he didn’t. Treated it like any other position and it showed when we went after Darnold and even exercised Darnold’s option. From the get go Rhule was showing his ass but Tepper thinks it’s Rhule saying “hi” in French.

I could've seen it as a stop gap option so your hand isn't forced in the draft and you're not forced to play a young QB before he's ready. But that's all a guy like Teddy is. He's not the answer.

1 minute ago, Gerry Green said:

Wrong. Ppl have been using that "He hasn't beat a top 25 team." for years.

Got a list of those "Plenty of us" ppl? ......crickets

Pretty much just click on the members list at this point.

You still prepared to defend Rhule as a good coach and say there's hope for this season?

16 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

acquiring him was whatever. They didn't have any better options, failed to acquire stafford, obviously watson was watson, they weren't in position to draft anyone but I guess jones or fields which..meh. Darnold was still well thought of. i mean outside of "trade for x" I don't see any other options. 

the problem was what they traded for him (especially since he was probably going to be cut) and the contract they gave him, which i dont really care about because money is fake in the nfl.

again, the QB situation the last two years has been despite their best efforts. 

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

acquiring him was whatever. They didn't have any better options, failed to acquire stafford, obviously watson was watson, they weren't in position to draft anyone but I guess jones or fields which..meh. Darnold was still well thought of. i mean outside of "trade for x" I don't see any other options. 

the problem was what they traded for him (especially since he was probably going to be cut) and the contract they gave him, which i dont really care about because money is fake in the nfl.

again, the QB situation the last two years has been despite their best efforts. 

Teddy was a better option

tanking was a better option

16 hours ago, firefox1234 said:

For me it was getting Teddy B. A new nfl coach who doesn’t take the QB position seriously was always a red flag. And surprise surprise Rhule hasn’t made be good decision at QB yet.

The easiest and smartest play was keeping Cam. Let him get healthy and have the offseason with the new offense.  What’s funny is once we let Cam go we finally signed the pieces he was missing the last 4 years of the Ron era.

If we bombed then you get a top QB in the draft and another 2 years on your leash. 

The belief in Sam Darnold is mind boggling. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty much just click on the members list at this point.

You still prepared to defend Rhule as a good coach and say there's hope for this season?

Nice change of pace there. You made the statement. You back it up. Where is the list of all these ppl that knew Rhule had beaten a top 25 team? I mean, you wouldn't make that up? Would you?

Passive aggression much? You really told me huh.

It really seems to bother you that there are ppl that have hope. Hope is a positive thought. Hope is what allows Humans to go some very remarkable things. Negativity? Not so much. 

There is always hope. Not my fault others don't want to see it.

2 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Nice change of pace there. You made the statement. You back it up. Where is the list of all these ppl that knew Rhule had beaten a top 25 team? I mean, you wouldn't make that up? Would you?

Passive aggression much? You really told me huh.

It really seems to bother you that there are ppl that have hope. Hope is a positive thought. Hope is what allows Humans to go some very remarkable things. Negativity? Not so much.

There is always hope. Not my fault others don't want to see it.

Yikes! 😬

Seriously dude, take a step back and look at what you're doing here...

You wanna crow because Matt Rhule beat one ranked team as a college coach (circumstances of which have been discussed here, as I recall) as if that somehow negates the absolute disaster we've been watching over the past two weeks...plus the entire previous season?

That's pretty thin...and frankly, desperate.

This all in the name of what? Hope? Sure, hope is great.

You know what sucks, though? False hope.

And I can tell you, with great confidence of being correct that right now, that any hope which is based on the idea that Matt Rhule is somehow going to being this whole thing back from the brink is just that...false.

Continue to believe it all you want, but you've got pretty much zero standing right now to criticize anyone who doesn't.

The ship has sailed...and it ain't coming back.