• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dream HC/OC/DC Combination For Next Year?(Week 2 Edition)

Asaria

It sucks to make this Post After Just Week 2!!! But it's painfully obvious that this team isn't any better from last year, and Rhule's Days are numbered(Or Hours as I think there's a real chance we wake up to the news of his firing) So I wanted to gauge what everybody Dream HC/OC/DC Combination For Next Year Would Be.

Realistic Options only of course, we're not going to get Andy Reid or Mike Tomlin barring some unforeseen event.

Anyway, here is my list.

Head Coach: Ken Dorsey, OC of Buffalo Bills: This might seem out of left field, but I was thoroughly impressed with how the Bills looked against the Rams. After a mistake filled First Half, They Made Adjustments(Something that is foreign around here) and absolutely rolled them in the second. Obviously it's one game, but if they play like that all year, the Bills have a real shot at 16-1, 15-2. Obviously, Dorsey would be a kick in the teeth considering he was our QB coach for a while, and was fired along with Mike Shula. Still, it's been 4 years and it does seem he's learned alot in that time. This may(Likely) Will Change Futher Into The Year, but for now I'm going with Dorsey

Offensive Coordinator: Shane Day, QB Coach of Los Angeles Chargers: Shane Day may not be a super familiar name in league circles, but the work he has done with Herbert has been tremendous since he took over as QB Coach Last Year. In the 2021 Season, Herbert had 31 TD. 10 INT and 4,336 yards his Rookie Year, before his numbers shot up to 38 TD, 15 INT, and 5,014 in his first year under Day. While it's plain to see that Hebert talent level is off the charts(Curse you Rivera for getting us 5 wins and not 4), his TD and Yards Going up under Day was impressive. His INT going up as well can be seen as a negative, but I think Day has the potential to be a top OC in the League.

Defensive Coordinator: Vic Fangio, Currently Unemployed: Alright enough with the young bloods, let's talk about perhaps one of the best Defensive minds in the NFL. Originally I was actually considering Fangio as HC, as I thought he never got a fair shake in Denver(Look at who he had at QB) and the year after he leaves, they get a Hall of Fame QB in Wilson and...Frankly look worse than ever did under Fangio. Regardless, Fangio would turn this Defense, which has talent, from a Top 5 Unit who always breaks when they need to bend, into potentially the best defense in the league. His resume speaks for itself, as both Chicago and Denver saw Dramatic Increase to their Defense with him, and Drops without him. Also considering his age and Denver tenure, he would be unlikely to get poached by another team.

Edited by Asaria
  • Poo 1

6 hours ago, Asaria said:

It sucks to make this Post After Just Week 2!!! But it's painfully obvious that this team isn't any better from last year, and Rhule's Days are numbered(Or Hours as I think there's a real chance we wake up to the news of his firing) So I wanted to gauge what everybody Dream HC/OC/DC Combination For Next Year Would Be.

Realistic Options only of course, we're not going to get Andy Reid or Mike Tomlin barring some unforeseen event.

Anyway, here is my list.

Head Coach: Ken Dorsey, OC of Buffalo Bills: This might seem out of left field, but I was thoroughly impressed with how the Bills looked against the Rams. After a mistake filled First Half, They Made Adjustments(Something that is foreign around here) and absolutely rolled them in the second. Obviously it's one game, but if they play like that all year, the Bills have a real shot at 16-1, 15-2. Obviously, Dorsey would be a kick in the teeth considering he was our QB coach for a while, and was fired along with Mike Shula. Still, it's been 4 years and it does seem he's learned alot in that time. This may(Likely) Will Change Futher Into The Year, but for now I'm going with Dorsey

Offensive Coordinator: Shane Day, QB Coach of Los Angeles Chargers: Shane Day may not be a super familiar name in league circles, but the work he has done with Herbert has been tremendous since he took over as QB Coach Last Year. In the 2021 Season, Herbert had 31 TD. 10 INT and 4,336 yards his Rookie Year, before his numbers shot up to 38 TD, 15 INT, and 5,014 in his first year under Day. While it's plain to see that Hebert talent level is off the charts(Curse you Rivera for getting us 5 wins and not 4), his TD and Yards Going up under Day was impressive. His INT going up as well can be seen as a negative, but I think Day has the potential to be a top OC in the League.

Defensive Coordinator: Vic Fangio, Currently Unemployed: Alright enough with the young bloods, let's talk about perhaps one of the best Defensive minds in the NFL. Originally I was actually considering Fangio as HC, as I thought he never got a fair shake in Denver(Look at who he had at QB) and the year after he leaves, they get a Hall of Fame QB in Wilson and...Frankly look worse than ever did under Fangio. Regardless, Fangio would turn this Defense, which has talent, from a Top 5 Unit who always breaks when they need to bend, into potentially the best defense in the league. His resume speaks for itself, as both Chicago and Denver saw Dramatic Increase to their Defense with him, and Drops without him. Also considering his age and Denver tenure, he would be unlikely to get poached by another team.

I’d also I really like the idea of Dorsey at HC and Fangio at DC (I think we have really good personnel for his 3-4 scheme). Would love Frank Reich as the OC, assuming he gets fired from the Colts. That would give Dorsey two very strong coordinators with HC experience. I’d probably keep our current Special Teams coach.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The DC we faced yesterday is likely to be on some short lists for head coaching opportunities coming up.

Not sure Wink is ready for HC but I’d definitely give him a look.

The guy they hired in Miami has been a pleasant surprise so far. Would be nice to find someone similar - young but seasoned offensive coach (not sold on Ken Dorsey) paired with a veteran DC that maximize the we have - either 3-4, 4-3 or hybrid. I’d be fine if we keep Tabor at ST. Hubbard’s fumble aside, ST has looked solid so far.

Edited by Prowler2k18

Just now, Prowler2k18 said:

Not sure Wink is ready for HC but I’d definitely give him a look.

The guy they hired in Miami has been a pleasant surprise so far. Would be nice to find someone similar - young but seasoned offensive coach paired with a veteran DC that maximize the personnel we have - either 3-4, 4-3 or hybrid. I’d be fine if we keep Tabor at ST. Hubbard’s fumble aside, ST has looked solid so far.

Speaking of ST coaches, Rich Bisaccia...

• Flames 1

I’d like to get Sean Payton. I hate him for all his success in New Orleans and his beyond smarmy attitude, but he could be OUR pill popping asshole. 

If not him, I’d like to have an up and coming NFL coordinator. Demeco Ryans or Byron Leftwich are at the top of my list. Ken Dorsey should get an interview but I’m not sure he’s ready. 

• Flames 1

13 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I’d like to get Sean Payton. I hate him for all his success in New Orleans and his beyond smarmy attitude, but he could be OUR pill popping asshole. 

If not him, I’d like to have an up and coming NFL coordinator. Demeco Ryans or Byron Leftwich are at the top of my list. Ken Dorsey should get an interview but I’m not sure he’s ready. 

I’m sure Payton would be a great hire but he’s still under contract with the Saints from what I understand (someone verify or correct me) and they’re going to require a king’s ransom to let a division rival pry him away. Of course, Tepper is known for being hopelessly aggressive so who knows. Ryan is an unknown and I’m personally not sold on either Leftwich or Dorsey.

Edited by Prowler2k18

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I genuinely don't want Payton.

Besides the likely ridiculous haul that we would have to give up to a division rival, Payton is gonna want complete control. No way do I wanna see that model kept around.

That plus successful guys rarely duplicate their success in new organizations.

Because Carolina has never done that before 😒

6 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I'm not sure but it might need to be GM/HC/OC/DC.

Here's the big problem I have with that idea.

If you only fire Rhule, then the choice of next head coach is likely up to Fitterer and Morgan.

If you fire both Rhule and Fitterer, then both the next head coach and the next GM are going to be picked by David Tepper.

(and whatever sycophant he brings along to tell him he's the smartest man alive and his choice is absolutely the right one)

Do we really want to see that scenario play out?

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1